Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:57 AM
10 Year Member
Default HELP!!

Hey everyone,

I'm having problems with the security message in my 2003 Monte SS.. I got in the car on Wednesday, and it wouldn't start, wouldn't even turn over, and the security message was blinking. After 30 minutes of panicking, I just dropped it into neutral and it started right up. So I was hoping that was the end of that... However, I got into my car this morning and took it to the car wash, and I noticed that the security light was on as I was driving.. It wasn't blinking this time, just steady on. I read the owners manual and it didn't have anything that was helpful, does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks, hope everyone is enjoying their weekend

Old 02-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Default RE: HELP!!

Sounds like you have a passkey issue. Happens often with these cars.

Here's a thread with more info and tips on what you can do to get rid of problems.

https://montecarloforum.com/m_84729/tm.htm

When I first bought my last monte, the security light started coming on when I was driving.
One time, about a month later, I went to start the car and the security light came up. The car would not attempt to turn over even though all of the other electronics would work. I ended up having it towed to a dealer, and they replaced the BCM.

I would try the info in that thread first, as you may be able to cure the problem for much cheaper than a new BCM.

-Riggs.