Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Heater not blowng enough air ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Default Heater not blowng enough air ?

Hey guys, I have a problem with my 02 monte. when i have it on cold air or A/C it blows fine, But when i put the heat on it seems to drop way down in air volume !

When its on 5 it seems like its on 2 or 3. ( But sounds like its blowing hard just cant feel it )

I have already replaced the cab filter and there seems to be nothing clogged in that area.

Anything else i could check ? Thanks!

Old 10-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Default RE: Heater not blowng enough air ?

Wow, Anyone have any ideas ?

Old 10-04-2008, 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: yzf125

Wow, Anyone have any ideas ?
Hi YZF, from N.Y.
Below is a idea I found during ReSearch
[:-]
From your description, There are three possibilities that come to mind.
The first being a problem with your vaccuum source hose. It may be disconnected or have a large enough leak that it is not sending the vaccuum to your harness connector. Your vaccuum source usually comes from your brake booster. I would start there.

The second possibility is that your harness connector that sends the vaccuum to different actuators dependent upon where you select with the switch may be faulty and is no longer opening/closing the correct valves.

And the third possibility is that your control head is not sending the appropriate electrical signals to your vaccuum harness connector to make it change valves.
I would first verify that your source hose is connected and is in good condition. Then make certain that your vaccuum source is pulling the appropriate amount of vaccuum. (Typically 8-10 inches of mercury vaccuum)

If these check out, I recommend taking your vehicle to a reputable shop and have them diagnose it further. They will have the appropriate equipment to determine where your fault actually lies. Digging into it yourself will not only be time consuming, but also can get very confusing if you are not knowledgeable in the manner the vaccuum/electric system works.
Be Patience, and hopefully one of our expert Members
will post their solution/opinion/comment.
Good Luck

Old 10-05-2008, 04:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

NA! You got a broken resistor block which controls the fan speeds. Not real expensive part, maybe $35, but a pain in the b__t to get to. It's on the heater box on the passenger side, WAY up there.