Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Heater fan control knob

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Default Heater fan control ****

I have a 2000 Monte SS. I have the Dual Comfort Temp Climate Control feature. For some reason that it is really cold my fan speed **** does not work all the time. When I turn the car on to warm it up and turn the fan **** on the outside air button automaticly goes to the recirculation air button with both lights on the buttonsnothing will work. The fan speed will not work my rear defroster will not work I have even tryed the A/C button and it won't work. After the car warms up for a while then it will work. I don't know if this has anything to do with this problem but my low coolent light comes on for awhile and when it goes off the heater fan seems to work.I have plenty of anterfreeze in the car.If any one has any ideals I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks
Connie

Old 02-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Default RE: Heater fan control ****

Dear Connie,
Sounds to me that you may have problem with a ground wire or possible relay ... the ground wire may not touch the ground until it heats up and expands a little bit and the low coolent light i would keep an eye on Monte Carlos our known for the head gaskets to go bad and somtimes causes the coolent to mix with the oil or vice versa so keep an eye on that i will probably reply again if i find anything else out Thank you For Writing