Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Headlights not working properly

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 12:49 PM
Default Headlights not working properly

Hi, I have a 2004 Monte Carlo SS. Just recently I was driving home from work late and when I went to turn my headlights on, my brights came on. And no not along with the normal headlights. Those won’t turn on at all. When I push the switch in all the way, I have brights. Pull it out all the way, brights. (Keep in mind all of this is without the center headlights) and in the middle I have parking lights. I can’t seem to find any way to get my normal headlights to turn on. I replaced the switch with a new one, and I cleaned the ground stud by the radiator shroud. Many have suggested to replace the BCM, but there were many who have just to deal with the same problem. And I’d like to try everything before I sink more money in a new BCM. If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-26-2020, 01:27 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Benji
Hi, I have a 2004 Monte Carlo SS. Just recently I was driving home from work late and when I went to turn my headlights on, my brights came on. And no not along with the normal headlights. Those won’t turn on at all. When I push the switch in all the way, I have brights. Pull it out all the way, brights. (Keep in mind all of this is without the center headlights) and in the middle I have parking lights. I can’t seem to find any way to get my normal headlights to turn on. I replaced the switch with a new one, and I cleaned the ground stud by the radiator shroud. Many have suggested to replace the BCM, but there were many who have just to deal with the same problem. And I’d like to try everything before I sink more money in a new BCM. If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2003 Monte SS that had the exact same issues. After researching numerous postings on how to resolve it, I ended up replacing the multi function switch. That solved the problem and wasn't terribly expensive. I haven't had any problems since. Good luck!