Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Got a wire issue here......

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Default Got a wire issue here......

Hey there friends....gotta wire issue that I'm stumped on. Thought a few of you might have an idea or two. Was getting ready to replace my fuse box and pulled everything out...decided to try something else....and when I went to put everything back together, I forgot something (actually a couple of things). I've got one large pink wire still to connect up....was wondering if this might be for my power windows and power locks, since they're not working. If it is for the windows and locks...can someone tell me where it is suppose to go?

Old 11-11-2007, 08:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Got a wire issue here......

There is a pink wire that goes from fuse #39 (10amp) to the ingntion on the remote control door lock receiver., but 10a wouldn't be large. This is in the power door lock circuit.
There doesn't appear to be any pink wires in the window circuit.
There is a pink wire that runs from the engine wiring junction block (bottom) to the a/c compressor clutch relay.
There is one to the stoplamp switch from the left i/p acc' wiring junction block
One from the engine wiring harness junction block to the trans' 2-3 shift solenoid
one from the PCM (#10) to the transaxle fluid pressure manual valve position switch (what is that?)
One from the heated oxygen sensors (2) to a 15a fuse in the engine wiring harness junction block. This sounds like a likely candidate.
Also from the same block (10amp) to a split between the secondary air injection reaction solenoid and the mass airflow sensor.
One from the PCM, PCW crank power, to thehot in start in the i/p acc/ wiring junction block fuse (10a)
One from the high beams to the dimmmer switch, and to the high beams in in the BCM.
That's all I found, but I probably missed the one you need. I hope this helps.
This info came from my Haynes manual.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Default RE: Got a wire issue here......

Thanks for the info, Wayne....however, I'm still looking.