Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Gear Head Newbie!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 08:14 AM
Default Gear Head Newbie!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Ive always loved cars since I was a little boy. I will admit I am very ignorant when it comes to repair and repair terminology but I do learn fast so be patient. Now that im a little older I would really enjoy learning to updgrade and repair my own vehicles. But in the mean time I current just purchased a 2003 monte ls stock. I would love to make this a nice street vehicle with nice muscle. Will add pics later to profile but right now the body has some dings and dents. I plan on getting that taken car of asap ( i.e., new hood, rear quarter panel has a dent in it, front bumper was replaced and is still primer black.) I Plan on taking care of that first within the next month or two. After that I will be looking into suspension and drive-train upgrades?? so that I can have better grip at high speeds and corners also road are terrible in my city so A comfortable city ride as well. Not trying to spend a whole lot but I will upgrade shocks/struts, hub assemblies, up/lower joints w/e to get that better ride. Later upgrades will include bigger breaks, but again thats later.

Once I get her riding right I will be looking to upgrade my engine and tranny or swap it out for I was thinking an 06 impala engine n tranny or grand prix gtp something in those lines. Swap out the top end of that engine and upgrade what I can fairly inexpensively lol..

As I said im new to the game so I hope that was as clear as I could get it. PLEASE monte enthusiasts help me find the proper parts and ideas so that I can make my lady a nice beast...

Old 08-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure if u have any problems one of us can chime in and drop our 2 cents.. ca t wait to see your ride

Old 08-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello Jae, and Welcome,
I am 50Bla Bla Bla yrs old, don't Let your age be your crutch, claim Old, But Be Young!
You said you got an 03 LS? When looking for suspension parts, get the struts and springs for the SS, they are a little tighter. Depending on how much you want to spend, the best bushing are Polyurethane. Ball Joints, Tie Rod ends, Sway Bar Bushings, but they are on the costly side.
As for the Drive Train Swap, be sure to swap computer and harnesses as well, it will save you time in Routing and programing.
If you have any questions, be sure to post them and your progress, here you will find the Monte Carlo Experts who Love to help a Monte owner in need! Good Luck!!!

Last edited by JC Colon; 08-25-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Default g8??

would a 09 g8 engine n tranny be a good possible swap??