Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Gas sending unit

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 07:23 PM
Default Gas sending unit

So yesterday I change the sending unit in my 2001 ss and my gas cluster doesn't move just goes to half a tank a buddy of mines told me that the gas cluster most be reading wrong and I should replace but before when I bought the car it never move so I assumed it to be sending unit and my llow gas reading always showed up when I turned on the car but once I changed it it andd unhooked battery the gas hand moved he told me to just go by reading on my digital reading and it seems to be wrong also I ran out of gas the other day but it was reading 180 miles to empty Im at a stand still and I'm wondering if its a electrical problem or just the cluster but even if that's the problem my digital reading should still be right can some one please tell me how to fix problem thanks and I tried unhooking the battery but once I hook it back up digital reading still says the same thing 180 miles thanks for your feadback