Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Fuel data system???

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Default Fuel data system???

I have been noticing that my actual MPG is way different than what is displayed in my car. Now before you anyone trys to burn me, yes I know you can reset the MPG display and I do everytime I fill up. I have consistantly been getting false readings, I tend to put about 2 more gallons of gas in than what my car says has been used. And my actual MPG is consistantly about 2.5-3.5 lower that what is displayed. Im guessing this may be a calibration issue, but I was very dissapointed when I realized that my MPG is not as good as I thought it was. Has anyone else here come across this issue??? Or could this be a sign that I have an issue somewhere else that is robbing me of those extra MPGs I should be getting? The display can read as high as 31.5 MPG if I do all highway driving on a tank of gas, but that translates to about 27 actual MPG. Mixed driving displays around 27 MPG and I actually get about 23.5 MPG. And for refrence I calculate my actual milage by reseting my trip odometer every fill up and do the good old miles/gallons of gas put in tank. What gives?