Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

front seat removal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 05:20 AM
Default front seat removal?

i cant figure out how to take these out,any help please.
it is a 01

Old 04-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Default RE: front seat removal?

there are two bolts int he rear of the seat and two in the front .
after that you have to worry about any wires etc... that you might have for heated seats and seat belt buzzer etc...

once you get one side up you should be abel to rock it up some so you can find the others and also unhook the plugs.

Belive they are a big torx bolt but it has been awahile

Old 04-09-2008, 11:23 AM

curious, not t jack the thread... but I was thinking of putting in racing seats. what would I do about wiring and such when i pull out my seat? follow the wiring someplace and pull that part? can I disconnect it from the seat? also, what about the dash light about "buckle seat belt" icon? I plan on getting a 4 point harness.... so, i wont be using the stock seat belt.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:44 PM

i know this is old but ill reply to it since i just got new seats........

theres 2 bolts on teh back and thats it..no bolts on the front ....when you lose the bolts on the back lift the backof theseat up and pull back slow because of all the wires ....and thats it..........

i replaced my CREAMCOLOR LEATHER SEATS TO BLACK LEATHER SEATS.........I HAVE NOW AN EXTRA FRONT AND BACKSET IN MY BASEMENT LOL

good luck

Old 02-04-2011, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default thanks

Originally Posted by manny

theres 2 bolts on teh back and thats it..no bolts on the front ....when you lose the bolts on the back lift the backof theseat up and pull back slow because of all the wires ....and thats it..........

i replaced my CREAMCOLOR LEATHER SEATS TO BLACK LEATHER SEATS.........I HAVE NOW AN EXTRA FRONT AND BACKSET IN MY BASEMENT LOL

good luck

Thanks, Im doing my drivers seat tomorrow... , I was gonna ask, but found this thread....MJC

Old 02-04-2011, 04:01 PM

so is it torx? mm? standard?

Old 02-21-2011, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Simple...

Originally Posted by manny

good luck

Hello, Man I did my seat and I'm embarrassed on even asking about how to do it... It took under 10 minutes to remove and replace the drivers seat, and thats with the wire hook up and all. Now I have an EXTRA Power drivers seat...LOL Thanks for the info though, It helped a ton. I was getting a ton of tools ready and it only took 1 tool...lol thats it, just 2 TORX bolts and its out (I unplugged the wires first).. I really thought it was gonna be a JOB... But as usual, I was wrong...lol.. thanks again...MJC

Old 02-21-2011, 04:00 PM

my question is it the same way for the 7th gen as well i need to fix my drivers seat it wont move back or forwards any more and i know it is going to be a pain

Old 02-21-2011, 11:36 PM

the real question is...how do i disassemble my rear bench seat in my 6th gen? i havnt really looked...but id just like to know what im goin for before attacking my back seat