Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Front and Rear Speaker Wire Colors 02 MC

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:22 AM

Alright, this is for the output of the amp (amp to speakers), not from the stereo to the amp.
left front +green with black stripe/ -blue with white stripe
right front +kinda light blue with black stripe/ -green
left rear +white/ -brown
right rear +red/ -brown
left rear +brown/ -yellow
right rear +dark blue/ -light blue
Its easier to find what the speaker wires are in the back of the sereo cause, each set of speaker wires (posotive and negetive for any ONE speaker) are twisted together. ie. you will find the light green and dark green twisted together for the right front, you will find the brown and yellow twisted together for the left front, dark and light blue twisted together for the right rear, and tanish orange and gray twisted together for the left front speaker..
Hope this helps
I also think the output of the amps wires are on top and bottom of the harness instead of the twisting like behind the stereo. And then where the wires are tapped up they are next to each other as far as pos and neg.

Last edited by wht02monte; 08-13-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:29 AM

In case you don't get the wiring colors worked out, here's another operational check you can do to help sort it out.

Put on some tunes with good bass. Then shift speaker balance to listen to one side at a time. No matter how they are hooked up, each individual speaker should have normal sounding bass when isolated by itself. Then center the balance so both speakers are playing together. If the bass seems to vanish or reduce noticeably, you probably have one speaker with reversed polarity. With reversed polarity, the sound waves from the two speakers are 180 degrees out of phase; basically they cancel each other out. Not very noticeable with high notes; but bass note (BIG sound waves) are more effected by being out of phase.

If this is the case, reverse the connections on ONLY ONE speaker, not both. Then both speakers should be 'in phase' again. Try the left/right/centered test again to see how it sounds.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:47 AM

Thats pretty much what I said, just simpler.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Thats pretty much what I said, just simpler.
After rereading your earlier post, your right! Same thing, different words.

BTW, what is the AAA battery trick?

Old 08-13-2010, 06:09 PM

the aaa battery thing is where you tap wires around on the pos and neg of the battery to find out what wires go to what speakers. like, you keep one wire on the neg of the aaa and tap every other wire on the pos side of the aaa untill you hear the speaker crackling, then you got which speaker. Its a cheap/genaric way of doing it if you're completely lost and you have a MESS of wires.
I read the post I made there also, and it wasnt meant the way it was wrote. sounded kinda dikish, you put it better anyway and I left out the part where you turn up the volume even LOL whatever?? If anyone does use that method, they need to use yours, NOT MINE LOL!

Old 08-13-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
the aaa battery thing is where you tap wires around on the pos and neg of the battery to find out what wires go to what speakers. like, you keep one wire on the neg of the aaa and tap every other wire on the pos side of the aaa untill you hear the speaker crackling, then you got which speaker. Its a cheap/genaric way of doing it if you're completely lost and you have a MESS of wires.
Cool! I like the 'AAA battery' test. Simple, but effective.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:34 PM

Just remember, if you ever do this, dont use anything other than AAA, and make sure they're not rechargable. And of course, dont hold the battery on the wires, you just give it a couple brushes accros the sides of the battery.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:47 AM

That's right yes that's what I'm doing for now.
Keeping head unit and fac amp. And changing all four stock speaker with aftermarket ones.
Thkz

Old 08-14-2010, 10:26 AM

That's right yes that's what I'm doing for now.
Keeping head unit and fac amp. And changing all four stock speaker with aftermarket ones.
Thkz

Old 08-14-2010, 10:50 AM

Great I think that will do the trick. Thanks I will mess with it on monday. I'm in vacation this coming wk. Will update on it. Thanks again

Quick Reply: Front and Rear Speaker Wire Colors 02 MC