Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

fog light and front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 07:00 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation fog light and front bumper

ok last week a old lady backed into my monty and cracked my bumper. got it out of the shop and it didnt have the factory foglights and switch for the for lights. right now i am having a lawyer delivering them papers on removal and taking the fog lights. ok hear is what happend a old lady backed into my monty i seen it happen walking out of the store. took it to the recomended shop from my insurance p.s. there pissed as well about the fog lights and switch dissapering. i know the fog lights are plug and play type as in where you can replace them with a new socket without splicing the wires. the switch i think is part of the whole headlight assembly. thats where the switch was. i am not sure where to get the new switch from the dealer which i am thinking there not going to help exept for the fog lights which are factory if you can give me input thank you

Old 10-29-2009, 07:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would think they would be responsible for the removal of the items. If things are loose, probably not. Things like CDs, or sunglasses.
Everything should be just put it back in, unless they cut the wiring. I would get the insurance company involved before you do much else. Have them stop payments to that shop until things get resolved. File a claim against the body shop.