Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Few problems on a 6th Gen. 03 SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Default Few problems on a 6th Gen. 03 SS

Hello,

I'm new here, My name's Mike, I'm 16, and my Mom owns a 2003 Monte Carlo SS, she's the second owner, and she's having a bit of problems with it.

Ok, so she's getting old (around 50) and she doesn't like how low the car sits, and sometimes her knee bothers her when she drives it, She still loves the car to death, but she wants to sell it before winter comes to get a 4x4 Grand Cherokee. (We need a 4x4 for where we live, I will be going to college next summer and taking my 4x4 with me, so she's planning ahead)

Anyway, She wants to fix a couple of these problems before she sells it.

First, the more important problem. When driving at night, switching from High Beams to low beams, or vice-versa, Sometimes the beams wont change, or all the lights will go out completely for about 2-5 seconds then come back on, needless to say enough time to scare the ever living crap out of you, and I'm sure the person going in the opposite direction toward us on these really twisty country roads we live on.

Second, when using the windshield wipers, no matter what speed setting they're set on, the will do whatever they want, randomly changing from going really fast, to wiping the windshield about once every 15 seconds, again, enough to scare the crap out of you when it's pouring and your wipers decide they don't want to go fast anymore, and take a break. Also, when we turn them off, they won't actually shut off until about a minute or so later.

And lastly, the Sunroof, or moon roof whichever one is supposed to open and slide all the way back.

It cracks open, but it wont slide back anymore, we close it and try again, but same thing, it cracks open, but will not slide back.

So are these Common problems on the 6th gens, or no? Also, are they easy fixes? If it's something that's over a few hundred dollars then we probably wont even mess with it.

Last edited by MoparMike; 08-29-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum, I am sure some of the members will get back to you shortly with some help...

Old 08-29-2010, 07:00 PM

The first thing that comes to my mind would be that your whole turn signal switch is going bad or something. I can't be sure though.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:13 PM

If not the turn signal switch I would guess the BCM (Body Control Module) is going bad. Have someone test that to make sure that is not your problem. Unless you start to get more electrical problems I would look into this. Than again, I am a newbie so take these guys advice before mine.