Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Engine won't stay running...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 05:35 AM

I personally am leaning towards a bad EBCM but the way my luck goes its probably a wiring problem and we'll have to replace the whole frickin wiring harness.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:05 PM

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply. The dealer had my car over the long holiday weekend. Anyway, I got it back from them this past Tuesday. The problem ended up being the MAF Sensor. Made me pretty mad, considering I paid then $460 to figure that out and replace it when I could have done it for less than a third of that. But I wasn't going to replace it with nothing pointing to it. The car wasn't throwing any codes at all, so there was no way for me to know for sure if that was the problem. Anyway, it's all fixed. Running amazing now after all the other things I've done to it since it started acting up. New tires and brakes are next. Thanks for all the support guys!

Old 07-08-2011, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Slickster
I'm sorry it took me so long to reply. The dealer had my car over the long holiday weekend. Anyway, I got it back from them this past Tuesday. The problem ended up being the MAF Sensor. Made me pretty mad, considering I paid then $460 to figure that out and replace it when I could have done it for less than a third of that. But I wasn't going to replace it with nothing pointing to it. The car wasn't throwing any codes at all, so there was no way for me to know for sure if that was the problem. Anyway, it's all fixed. Running amazing now after all the other things I've done to it since it started acting up. New tires and brakes are next. Thanks for all the support guys!

Ahhh, nothing like getting bent over by the dealerships...Sucks, glad to hear its back up and running.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:42 AM

Thanks slickster im gunna order one for my Monte today and hope it takes care of my similar problem as well.if it does then well have a trend for this problem and we can post a sticky for this code c1276 and save a bunch of money for other members.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:05 PM

Good luck! Let us know if it fixes your problem as well. I've had my car back for almost a week now, and it's running phenomenally. After all of the things I have changed out over the last month, it's running like an absolute champ. Anyway, hope to hear back from you soon.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:09 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding.im a local haul truck driver and haven't been able to get on the forum recently or drive my Monte much.I replaced my MAF and it seems to have fixed my problem as well.I've put approx. 500 miles on it since then and still no problems.so maybe we have a possible cure for code C1276.thanx for all your help slickster and all others on forum.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:30 AM

Hello guys, I see this thread is about changing the MAF sensor. This is my problem, I just changed the MAFS because of a check engine light code and now its gone but I am having idle issues. Car won't stay Idle at cold start up and will turn off. Even while driving it for awhile idle would bounce down and shut off. I'm leaning towards the IAC valve but would like to know if anyone had this issue before. I've been reading these forums since I first brought my car and it helped me out so much. You guys rock, Thanks

Old 02-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Thumbs up Holy cow!

I came on here to find some help. MINES DOING IT TOO. I have a 2003 jeff gordon edition. Today i went to start it up and it just died right away. I had to give it gas to keep it running. But it was farting and spitting and blowing alot of smoke out the tail pipes. The rpm was going all kinda wacky, up, down, all over the place. Then I noticed the traction control light come on. Luckily i have a scanner. i got the p0101 MAF code but wanted to make sure that was the true issue before spending 150.00

I cant thank you guys enough for sharing this with me.
My local parts store is only 1.4 miles down the road so i can just unplug it, drive there, drive home, install. i have the tools cause i used to be an autobodyman.
Im also saving up for a ZZP supercharger kit i hope to put in this summer. i could dig another 60hp LOL

Old 02-24-2014, 05:44 AM

Viper pit, unplugg the maf sensor while car is running or before you turn it on and see if there is any difference at all, also try cleaning it before dropping 150 on a new one

Old 02-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Default yep

sure enough, took plug off maf and it runs normal. went to advance auto parts got a new maf and installed. wow, i just saved myself some serious money. got it for 130.00 this is a few hundred $ job if you go to a shop for diagnosis and repair.

Now as soon as my power stop brake kit arrives from ups i will be all set. two slotted,drilled rotors and ceramic pad set for 129.99
the cheesy parts at the parts store came to 110.00 so for an extra 20 bucks i got a high performance setup which i need cause im hard on my brakes.

Quick Reply: Engine won't stay running...