Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2nd Gen ('73-'77): Engine swap

Old 01-26-2019, 04:09 PM
Default Engine swap

Hello, I am new to all this so please bear with me. I have a 73 Monte carlo that I bought that has a 350 in it and it has a big block vin# so I bought a 454 motor for it but then had an after thought that might be costing me, will this 1991 gen5 454 big block accually bolt up under the hood. I was going to just pull the 350 and give it a go, but being a disabled 55 year old man makes this way a very time consuming way, so I thought I would ask some of you that might know these cars a bit better than I. does anyone have any ideas on this that might help me?

Old 01-26-2019, 05:23 PM

Yes a fuel injected 454 will bolt up directly under the hood. A few thing would be needed as a electric fuel pump and depending on what induction (carb,fuel) you would need a different intake manifold to run a carb. Other than that I don't recall anything else that would be a big issue. Good luck

Old 01-26-2019, 06:23 PM
Default Engine swap

Thank you very much for the information, it is sure going to help me out. glad to be a new member of this forum. It's nice to have the help of some knowledgable people thanks again.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:07 PM

Glad to be assistance, tons of members here to share knowledge and opinions. Welcome to the forums

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.