Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Engine Removal..any mystery bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Engine Removal..any mystery bolts?

Hi everyone! Quick engine removal question. I知 pulling the engine from my 06 3.9l Monte Lt. I just finished unbolting the torque converter from the driveplate, and am getting ready to unbolt the motor mount, rear transmission to engine brace, and bellhousing bolts. My question: the Haynes manual seems to keep mentioning transmission brace, transmission to oil pan brace, and transmission to engine brace (they池e all used in different sections). For the engine removal, they only mention transmission brace. I definitely removed a brace from the oil pan to transmission, and am ready to remove the one in the rear with 4 bolts. Should there be another one that I知 missing, or are there any other hidden steps I知 missing? All the electrical connections have been disconnected, so I知 almost ready to remove it, I知 just trying to make sure there is nothing else hidden I知 missing...I almost missed the back one because the book didn't pinpoint it to the back, and thought it was the one on the oil pan.

Thanks!