Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 02:31 PM
Default Engine

Hey guys, my brother blew my engine in my 2004 Monte Carlo intimidator by driving at 90mph and shifted to 2 on the shifter so I’d like to have it fixed by mid June and if anybody can give me some tips on where to go from here. I bought it used so the blown engine had 172k on it and while the engine is out i minus well replace parts any tips will help .. not a car novice only 19 and in college thanks guys

Old 03-30-2018, 06:23 PM

Easiest way is to just buy a rebuilt engine from a local supplier, they come with a warranty . Installing the engine is pretty basic and you should be able to tackle it over a weekend with some help from your brother .and while the engine is out replace the transmission front pump seal as a preventive precaution. Maybe you can take some pictures of your car for us.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:17 PM

When you say it blew, what is actually broken?

IMO the cheapest and easiest route is to hit up a local junkyard. 3800s are a dime a dozen out there. Freshen up the gaskets, drop it in, and go.