Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

dual zone issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default dual zone issue

hi kids, well u get one thing solved and now another thing rears its ugly head. in a nutshell, heat comes out passenger side not on my side. is this common for our cars? not the stat,wp,heat in all positions on pass side not on driver side. Wtf?

Old 09-19-2012, 03:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Blend Door Actuator is probably bad

Old 09-19-2012, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Blend Door Actuator is probably bad
+1, for some reason driver side always go bad an not pass

Old 09-21-2012, 03:19 PM

yeah i know, this POS is -issing me off. its getting to the point that if ONE more thing goes wrong im dumping it and getting a Fusion. im tired of putting good money after bad.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:40 PM

Then you'll just have the Ford headaches.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by dave countie jr
im dumping it and getting a Fusion.
If you thought the 4t65e was a bad transmission...

Models
The reports of transmission problems in the Ford Fusion span all years of manufactured models. The varying engine types are all susceptible to the common malfunctions. Issues are cited with 2.3 L engines through the range to 3 L models, and affect both automatic and manual transmissions. Mileage is also not a likely cause, as the problems frequently present in cars with little use.

Car Shakes
Complaints on consumer reports web sites show a common problem among many owners. The transmission can perform very rough gear changes, which may shake the entire vehicle. Often this occurs while the car shifts into first gear. Unfortunately, this particular problem is not often resolved by dealerships, and may be escalated to other divisions of the Ford service chain. Some owners report that the problem worsens after attempted repair.

Recalls
Over the years, Ford has officially recalled certain transmission components for upgrade or repair at dealerships. In 2007, service bulletins were issued to correct PCM calibration devices in the Ford Fusion transmission system. The crankshaft pulleys have also been recalled for malfunctioning transmissions. Both problems affected drive-ability and caused a variety of transmission symptoms. However replacement is straightforward and resolves many transmission issues.

High RPM
Owners frequently report concerns over unusually high RPM during gear changes. The RPM may rise sharply during normal operation, such as incline driving, but harsh unexpected gear changes then occur. The majority of reports indicate that lower gears are involved in the problem. The condition will present during a shift into first, second, or third gear, either deliberately or unexpectedly. Some dealers blame bad tires, but owners report that more complex mechanisms usually need replacement.

Resolution
While the scope of transmission problems are usually more than individuals can repair on their own, dealerships also have poor track record in resolving Ford Fusion transmission malfunctions. When interacting with a Ford dealer, urge them to research all TSB bulletins on the Fusion as they investigate the problems. TSB 07-26-9, for example, is a notice that may get a dealership working directly with the issue rather than dismissing the symptoms as "normal" behavior.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great post Mike!

great info thanks!

Old 09-22-2012, 07:27 PM

People have a couple issues with a car a think its the biggest POS in the world. Yes, I have had to put money into my car. But I run it hard and put it away wet. ALL THINGS BREAK. Some just break sooner than others. As long as I'm putting less into it than a car payment, I think I'm doing pretty good.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by dave countie jr
yeah i know, this POS is -issing me off. its getting to the point that if ONE more thing goes wrong im dumping it and getting a Fusion. im tired of putting good money after bad.
you're either going to be paying for parts on your old car, or paying the monthly car payment for a new one.

this isn't a bad repair. if you are able to do it yourself, it'll cost your around 40 bucks and a hour and a half of your time.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:03 PM

sorry 4 the rant folks,but jesus one thing after another.my god the car is only 8 yrs old .yeah i know s-it happens, but all at once? and by the way mike the tranny aint the issue.....yet?

Quick Reply: dual zone issue