Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

dashkits

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005
Default RE: dashkits

here is the whole thing ive done this weekend and i did find out how to take apart the back but that will have to wait till next weekend

[IMG]local://upfiles/160/20E8812D85194BA08756987E0DE901BD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/160/F81BFDB783F846CDBEDD5560C1468529.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/160/F0120885049048E6ABC28AF2DD5B05A7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/160/8FFC7E0664A242A4AD1171B19779A7F1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-02-2005, 02:13 PM

i love that llok. it is great. you did a great job on that and how idd you do that again?

Old 05-02-2005, 02:29 PM

ok this might take a while but hey yall have helped me out to. OK to start with the door if you are looking at the door you want to disasemble unscrew the only visable screw that you can see to your top left. then take out the screws that are in the door handle things.(the ones i painted) and then you can pop the door up and off. after that there are 3 more screws you have to undo behind the panel then you can begin unpluging wires and taking out the 3 peices i panted on the door. just repeat for the other door.

now for the dash begin by taking the fuse cover off of the driver sid and unscrewing the visable screws. then go down to where the pedels are and you will see two little things that you push in and a panel will drop down.(hard to describe but youll see it) once this panel drops down you can unscrew another panel right below the steering wheel once that isdone you will see the screws holding the dash on so unscrew them. for the last and easyest screw just open the glove compartment and unscrew it. you will have to play with the dash after you pop it off to get it out. i had to lower my steering wheel all the way and put my car in 1st gear to get it off.

now for what i think was the hardest part. the center console. begin by unscrewing the top of the center console. then take the little mat at the bottom out and you will see 6 screws. you only have to do the 4 screws cosest to the back of the car to take the whole thing out but i think if you take the other 2 off just the console part comes out seperate. so after you have unscrewed those go to the very fron of the center console where there is a little mat under your dash and unscrew it. after that you should be able to take the 1st half of the console off and unplug every thing and find 2 more screws right infront of the shifter so unscrew those and then i have no real way of describing how i did it you just have to wiggle the whole center console off and out of your car.

the rest was pretty simple ive never painted anything before and it looks professional so if a 17 year old can do it im sure i dont need to explain it.

Old 05-02-2005, 11:51 PM

Nice addition.

Nice paint job. I am thinking of going red on mine.

TVW

Old 05-02-2005, 11:54 PM

it looks real classy and not ricey its perfect for montes and perfect for the wallet

Old 05-03-2005, 06:56 PM

you defintly got your maonye worth out of the paint

Old 05-04-2005, 03:04 PM

the only problem now is that i wish i could find some way to do the back so im going to have to mess around and see what pieces will come out.

Old 05-05-2005, 04:53 PM

looks nice!!!
questin is it smooth after you have painted it? or is it still textured?

now i have to figure out what color to do mine now THANKS!!! lol

i have the flames coming for the front of mine now WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
it wil be silver flames with a purple tips in teh same stle as the Gordon flames or real close to them.
and the gugaes are white with the red flames in the day light and then they glow purple at night
and taven is goign to send me his LOL
acualy i have a set that im watching on Ebay right now so i plan to bid before they go off the market,

Old 05-05-2005, 07:16 PM

the gugaes are white with the red flames in the day light and then they glow purple at night
and taven is goign to send me his LOL
LMAO.......

I should be able to finish mine up this weekend. Your gonna need tin snips and a voltage tester, other than thay everything else is ready to go. Oh yeah, you'll want to find some sort of adhesive to hold the gauge plat in place as your putting everything back together. As for the tin snips, your going to have to trim some plastic around each gauge so that it does not crimp the wires.

TVW

Old 05-06-2005, 03:03 AM

hey man i might not have the gugaes you wanted but i might come up with a lock cyclinder for ya LMAO!!!!!!!
so when you goign to grace us with pics??????? of my gugaes?

Also do you have a shot of them out of the dash?
i would need the flame pattren for the lether if i go that far. right now still trying to find someone here that can do the work for stiiching. seems to be harder then it sounds for theses folks LOL