Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Dash question on 85 monte ss

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Default Dash question on 85 monte ss

I have replaced the motor with a 350. I took out the dash as I am in the process of replacing guages. My problem is I have misplaced all of my bolts that connect the radio, air conditiner controls and headlight mounting switch at the dash. Can anyone clue me on what size screws these are. I cannot try to force anything since everything is so brittle. Does anyone know what size and pitch of screws are used? This would be greatly appreciated. I can buy all different links from the local ace hardware. I just need to know the size so I can get everything back together. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy Criswell
I have replaced the motor with a 350. I took out the dash as I am in the process of replacing guages. My problem is I have misplaced all of my bolts that connect the radio, air conditiner controls and headlight mounting switch at the dash. Can anyone clue me on what size screws these are. I cannot try to force anything since everything is so brittle. Does anyone know what size and pitch of screws are used? This would be greatly appreciated. I can buy all different links from the local ace hardware. I just need to know the size so I can get everything back together. Thanks in advance.
Jimmy:
Heres my Recommendation...
This way your sure to get the proper ones and where they belong...

Go to your local Chevrolet dealer, at the parts department...
ask to either see a parts catalog( for your vehicle) to get the proper bolts screws etc....
Or they may even photo copy the page to eliminate writeing it all down?

I don't believe anyone knows off the top of there head what size, how many or different types needed... It just may take doing a little homework....

Or,
Go to your local junkyard/pullapart and find your make/model and get all the proper bolts,screws,clips etc... that your missing!

Keep us posted on your progress and don't forget to add some pics!

Old 09-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Default Lack of Pictures

I will definitely post pictures soon. I am ashamed to show how dirty it is right now. I am beginning to think I got really ripped on this car, but I am working my way out of it. I kind of thought that may be the way to approach it as I have been unable to find any information on it. I found some of the bolts last night in the plastic bags which I had marked them. That is why I was surprised I lost them. I have a habit of bagging and tagging when I take stuff apart so it is not like me to loose bolts during a project. However, I would like to put new bolts in anyways. I have not had a chance to make it to the parts store yet since I am by myself at work for the last month and a half. Has taken a serious toll on my project. Since I have had this car, the 305 melted down and it has been one thing after the other since they had started taking the computer out and never finished.