Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

cranks but wont start and need to do re learn every time

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default cranks but wont start and need to do re learn every time

hey so lately its been draining the battery if i dont drive it for 2 days and now the battery is shot(least of my concerns)
it gave me the annoying security light so i did the relearn and and cranked up but wont start, i switched the key off and the security lighs blink again and i have to do the re learn again just to try and get it to crank up again but it fails to fire up. i did this thing over and over no luck.
any tips?
thanks

Old 12-31-2015, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by NYGiantsfan
hey so lately its been draining the battery if i dont drive it for 2 days and now the battery is shot(least of my concerns)
it gave me the annoying security light so i did the relearn and and cranked up but wont start, i switched the key off and the security lighs blink again and i have to do the re learn again just to try and get it to crank up again but it fails to fire up. i did this thing over and over no luck.
any tips?
thanks
When the BCM is faulty it can cause a battery drain from my understanding. I would check the BCM for signs of water intrusion clean and re-seat the connectors and put it back in. If you still have the issue then I would try replacing the BCM.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member

Could also be a bad ignition cylinder. A chip in the cylinder passes the VAT code to the BCM which must match what's stored in the BCM.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:37 PM

my radio draws the radio on my car..2.2 amps which is to much,3 diff radios do it,it could be the amp,but I don't have another one to test..my ignition had to be replaced too..it didn't learn the key until you left it on for 15 min...

Old 01-04-2016, 12:43 PM
10 Year Member

It turned out to be a faulty battery. I was surprised. It's not even a year old. But yea something is drawing current. The right side fuse panel has a bcm fuse blown and every time I swap it, it blows instantly. I think it's time to go to ththe rapists and get my bcm changed. But I'm broke. Cant afford 400+$ on this. I'm gna disconnect the battery every night till I figure something out. Next time I go in to fix the recall on the ignition switch I'll see if they can give me a deal

Old 01-05-2016, 06:14 AM

I got my switch changed out.they sell them on ebay for like 70 bucks..