Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

convert FWD To RWD

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 10:57 PM
Default convert FWD To RWD

I Have 06' monte carlo with 3.5 liter v6 engine. i wanted to have a RWD v8 in 7th gen model . Any suggestions

Old 11-20-2015, 11:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This has been a common question here.
The short answer, lots of time, money and custom fabrication.
These cars were never built to be RWD and no vendor has come to bat with a conversion kit. I believe there may be 1-2 RWD 6th/7th gen Montes in existence (possibly others) and it's all 100% custom.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:32 AM

Ok guys,let me dream here! The MC has been out of production for almost 10 years now. I wish Chevy would bring back the Monte Carlo name; they could get the rear wheel drive platform from Holden in Australia. With all the emphasis on fuel economy now they could use a small v6 or even a turbo-charged 4.

A few years back when Pontiac was using some of these RWD Holdens I was hoping Chevy would do that. Oh well.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by glasspilot
Ok guys,let me dream here! The MC has been out of production for almost 10 years now. I wish Chevy would bring back the Monte Carlo name; they could get the rear wheel drive platform from Holden in Australia. With all the emphasis on fuel economy now they could use a small v6 or even a turbo-charged 4.

A few years back when Pontiac was using some of these RWD Holdens I was hoping Chevy would do that. Oh well.

Chevy did just that..... Chevrolet "SS" is the Holden Commodore

Old 11-24-2015, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by KCFITZ78
Chevy did just that..... Chevrolet "SS" is the Holden Commodore
Yah, I now think I read that in my "Car & Driver" a few years ago. I was thinking at the time "They could have made it a Monte"! Ahhhhhh!

Old 11-25-2015, 11:43 PM

except the chevy "SS" was made because of Nascar,in limited numbers, 4 door, uggh! and look them up used they are still pricy as hell!! pretty cool though,ive driven a couple at work and they are pretty bad ***, but not for 40 K used and three years old IMO