Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Cigarette Lighter Totaled 2000 Monte Pace Car- No Fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 11:13 PM
Default Cigarette Lighter Totaled 2000 Monte Pace Car- No Fuse?

Using the cigarette lighter totaled our 2000 Monte Indy Pace car. After removing the lighter unit from the socket, something evidently shorted and the harness (at least from the center console to at least the dash) melted. Isn't there some sort of overload protection that should have saved the harness? Has anyone else had this happen? Dealer says no harnesses are available. Does anyone know where a harness can be gotten?

Old 09-24-2015, 12:50 AM

Somebody here recently posted a thread for the same problem and his car too was totaled. If this was to happen to me my first & only move would be to go to a junk yard and pull another harness off of junked Monte Carlo and reinstal into yours. Then troubleshoot my way from there if I encounter any further complications.

After all that throw away the cig lighter and never use one again. EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Do I make a clear point?

Last edited by The_Maniac; 09-24-2015 at 08:54 PM. Reason: A lot of R's causing annoying scroll barrrrrrrrrrrs.