Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2003 monte ss wiring stereo rats nest!

Old 09-23-2015, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 2003 monte ss wiring stereo rats nest!

ok, i followed the diagram someone had posted and it seems like i made a mess. i cut all the lines going to and from the amp in the trunk and tried reconnecting them to the proper colors. it still sounded like crap. so, i ran all new speaker wires to all six speakers: result....sounds awsome!! but for some reasons, i cannot get the stations above 106.1 now for some reason!!! i checked the antenna behind the radio and its not pinched. where does the antenna go to? im assuming the trunk....but where to? i saw a black box mounted int he trunk on the drivers side. is that where the antenna goes? i assume it goes to the rear windshield, correct? what did i do wrong?

Old 09-23-2015, 06:49 PM

Are you sure you used the correct diagram? They changed it in 02.

2002-2005 Don't follow the same amp wiring as the 2000-2001

You need to follow this pinout:
A9 -> C
A10 -> D
A11 -> E
A12 -> F

B9 -> K
B10 -> J
B11 -> H
B12 -> G

You can't connect the front tweeter at the amp unless you add a crossover

Old 09-24-2015, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i followed all the wires but gave up, ran everything completly new from the radio to the amps/speakers. sounds mint BUT im having problems with the antenna reception and want to know if any of the wires going to and from the amp have anything to do with it.

also, where does the antenna run? whats its route?

Old 09-24-2015, 11:03 AM

I believe there is a "fix" for this through the dealer. I noticed a programming issue on the GM Service website. I have a hidden one in my Vette, works great. May be an easier route for you. h

Electronic Stereo Radio Am FM Hidden Amplified Antenna Kit 12V Car Truck | eBay

Search this Thread