Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Change engine oil & Unlocking doors

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:10 AM
Default Change engine oil & Unlocking doors

Hey, I've got a few quick ones. I have an '01 Monte SS and my Change Engine Oil light came on in the message center. I don't have the stock radio in the car, so does anyone know how to turn it off?

Also, the only way I can get into my car is with the remote unlock, because if I open the door with the key, the alarm goes off. It's also having the problem where sometimes I go to start my car and it won't start/the security light flashes. Could it just be that the key is worn down and that's what's causing the problems? Thanks

Old 04-28-2007, 03:21 AM
Default RE: Change engine oil & Unlocking doors

I dont know about the key problem but the oil light what you can do is -

turn the key to the farthest right it will go with out starting and then pump the gas to the floor 3 times (i mean all the way to the floor with a good amount of force) and then take the key all the way out and then start the car and t should be gone.

if this doesn't work you might not even have to out the key in at all then pump gas 3 times then start.

I am almost positive that this works i had to do it a while ago and now i cant remember what it is.

Old 05-12-2007, 05:42 AM

I would have to say the the alarm going off when unlocking the door with the key is related to the fact the the stock stereo has been removed. There is a member on here, can't remember who at the moment....he removed his stock ubit and re mounted it in the trunk as you need it to set the alarm features, tire monitor etc and can't just swap the stock oe for an aftermarket ithout running into problems. If you still have the stock uni you should look int mounting it in the trunk area. I will try and find the info and pictures I saw on this.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:32 AM

For the oil light, there is a manual way to do it, but I don't remember. It is in the manual though so I'd crack that out.

The security light could be a few things. If you have changed the car alarm to a 3rd party like Viper, Clifford, any other DEI brand or BullDog, it means that that security bypass is either faulty or loose.

My BullDog kicked out the fuel pump on my Blazer so I just pulled the whole remote start unit out that had the bypass.

On my Monte, the wire harness came loose and would intermittantly work. Just snapped it back in.

Other issues could involve getting a new key or ignition cylinder.