Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Opinion Needed: Brake/fluid level/trac control/repaired line

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 06:49 AM
Question Brake/fluid level/trac control/repaired line

I'm hoping to find some help for my '05 MC SS... I blew a front brake line, repaired it, bled the front brakes, refilled the fluid... now my brake, trac control off, and low brake fluid warnings are all on. There was a little play in the FR wheel (like a bearing going bad), I did not bleed the rear brakes, and may have spilled some fluid on something that is causing an issue. However, brakes seem good, car drives fine, and fluid levels are fine. Anyone have any experience with this? I've read several posts, but none I seen seemed to address blown lines and bleeding.

Old 12-05-2015, 07:29 AM

You probably have air in the system, you cannot bleed just one line, if you open or blow it, you have to bleed the entire system. I would recommend rebleeding the entire system, starting from rear passenger, driver rear, passenger, and driver side. I recommend using the two person method instead of the one and make sure the master cyl does not go dry. Also check your abs sensor, you may have no plugged it back up if you removed it, you shouldn't have had to though

Old 12-05-2015, 10:50 AM

Thanks for your reply. As soon as I get that second person here to help, I'll give that a try and let you know how it works out.