Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Bogging under light acceleration help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 01:15 PM
1 Year Member

Ahh so you are saying I can run the catless downpipe? Just keep the gaskets? They don't check emissions here in ky

Old 07-12-2017, 01:57 PM
1 Year Member

I appreciate your help and if I get running right I will update

Old 07-12-2017, 02:13 PM
Tma

Pull your IAC valve clean it and make sure it's working properly also. My 01 SS was doing some crazy stuff, I've replaced tons of stuff on her, and she was still sounding clogged and running rough. It's a $30 part here in VA at the auto parts store. What a HUGE difference that made for her, I'm amazed at the difference in performance. If you change the MAF make sure it's an AC Delco. I've went thru 4 cardone MAF's in the past year and finally got the AC Delco.
Best of luck our Babies are tricky to figure out!!

Old 07-12-2017, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bleedintoone
Ahh so you are saying I can run the catless downpipe? Just keep the gaskets? They don't check emissions here in ky
ZZP catless DP are an awesome upgrade for sure..

Old 07-12-2017, 02:42 PM

Correct, obviously not permanently, but just to check if that's whats causing your problems.

Originally Posted by Tma
Pull your IAC valve clean it and make sure it's working properly also. My 01 SS was doing some crazy stuff, I've replaced tons of stuff on her, and she was still sounding clogged and running rough. It's a $30 part here in VA at the auto parts store. What a HUGE difference that made for her, I'm amazed at the difference in performance. If you change the MAF make sure it's an AC Delco. I've went thru 4 cardone MAF's in the past year and finally got the AC Delco.
Best of luck our Babies are tricky to figure out!!
I second that one! I didn't even think to mention that. I actually did mine before the cat, so although i saw an improvement because mine would intermittently get stuck, the engine still felt so crippled. I replaced so many different parts, did a tune up, and eventually came to the expensive (at least in NY) conclusion that I needed a new cat.

I appreciate your help and if I get running right I will update
Absolutely!

Last edited by Jason B; 07-13-2017 at 05:44 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:47 PM
1 Year Member

So I changed the MAF and IAC because why not and regapped all of my plugs and there is still bogging under light acceleration, what I have noticed now is that when I let off the gas pedal and then reapply it the bogging goes away does anybody know why this may be? also when it is bogging it is in 4th at 1100 rpms

thanks

Old 07-18-2017, 07:08 AM

So I changed the MAF and IAC because why not and regapped all of my plugs and there is still bogging under light acceleration, what I have noticed now is that when I let off the gas pedal and then reapply it the bogging goes away does anybody know why this may be? also when it is bogging it is in 4th at 1100 rpms

thanks
Is this the ONLY issue?? Theres no loss of power or anything anywhere else in the rpm range??

Old 07-18-2017, 07:14 AM
1 Year Member

Yes it does just driving around normally and uphill, just like I described in the my last post

Old 07-18-2017, 08:59 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Is this the ONLY issue?? Theres no loss of power or anything anywhere else in the rpm range??
And there is no loss of power anywhere else just when it dips to 1100 rpms which seems excessively low

Old 07-21-2017, 02:38 PM
1 Year Member
Default Update

I had a shop put in a test pipe in place of the cat and it's getting better mpg but is still bogging uphill, so after new plugs, wires, throttle body cleaning, new IAC, new MAF, clean air filter and fuel filter... and it's still bogging, and when it starts kinda chugging the engine kinda sounds like it's sputtering until it drops to a lower gear