Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Blinkers, Radio, Night Sensor, Coolant, Water: 2002 Monte Carlo SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 10:09 PM
Default Blinkers, Radio, Night Sensor, Coolant, Water: 2002 Monte Carlo SS

Hello everyone, I have a 2002 Monte Carlo SS which I'm having a few issues with:

1) The blinkers. They stop working completely & I need to press the hazard switch to make them work again. (Usually happens after it rains, but not always. I haven't gotten the chance to check for corrosion yet.)

2) The automatic night sensor. When activated it disrupts the dash light & radio light, they dims to where you can't see anything. The headlight switch works & is still able to turn on the compartment light. (I have bought a replacement switch to see is that's the issue.)

3) The factory radio is not working. When I first got the car the amp wasn't getting power, so I had to run a direct line of power to it. Will click into stations but you need to turn it to maximum volume to hear the faintest bit of music. CD Player is working though. (I have an aftermarket touchscreen radio I'd like to install, but I've heard that this may effect the car starting because information stored in the radio. Also the tire pressure sensor is cleared through the radio, so if I get rid of it I cant remove the warning light on the dash)

4) Coolant light goes off despite being at the right level. It will come on & off during the course of a ride.

5) Water is flooding in the passenger side when it rains. Can't find how it's getting in.