Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

7th Gen ('06-'07): Battery problem with 2007 Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 01:43 PM
Question Battery problem with 2007 Monte Carlo

I have a 2007 Monte Carlo. I got a new battery for it around a month ago. I haven't been driving it, so it's been sitting in the garage the last 3 weeks and the battery is already dead. The mechanic that I bought it from said this is normal and I should get a battery tender if it's not going to be driven for awhile. This doesn't sound right to me though. It's supposedly a brand new battery. I know it's been sitting for 3 weeks, but should it die that quickly? I've had batteries in other cars that have lasted a lot longer without driving.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Is it bone stock? Or is there aftermarket sound system or other things that may drain the battery? You could troubleshoot the source of the excessive drain by pulling fuses and checking current draw.

I chased the same thing for a few years in my '06, finally just remembered to drive it daily. Battery was maybe 2 years old and would die in a day and a half.

I had low current accessories that were tapped into the accessory power like a dash cam and a wired in bluetooth speaker. I think the iPod that was integrated into the factory stereo was always on. Still should not go dead that quick.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:50 AM

My experience with this is that its kinda hit and miss.. Some like to die out quick without (almost) daily driving.. Others can be sitting a month and start right up in the middle of winter..