Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

battery

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Default battery

i have an 06 mc ss. currently the battery DIED. now i am having an issue getting it started with the new battery. i think its something with the security system. the battery is charged and good to go. is there any way to start it so i dont have to tow it to get it reset.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Default RE: battery

There's only one way to answer this one ... Consult Magic 8-Ball.

"Magic 8-Ball ... Inssanity21 has a problem with his car not starting and don't know what to do. What should I tell him to do in order not to alarm him and advise him that his car failing to start is probably related to the Vehicle Immobilizer Circuit ... and, for the Monte to roar back to life the Vehicle Immobilizer Circuit will have to be reset and that getting the whole car to the Dealership, along with his Fob's and Ignition Keys is the only way that car is going to start ... if it is ... in fact, the Vehicle Immobilizer Circuit ... and, that's all she wrote."

(Shaking-up Magic 8-Ball)
(Turning-over Magic 8-Ball)
(Watching Magic 8-Ball Answer Window)
(And, ... the answer is

Are you kidding?

Old 03-17-2008, 03:50 AM

Try cycling the key three times. If that doesn't work, turn the key to "run" and pump the gas three times, if that doesn't work turn the car to "run" and pump the brake three times, if that doesn't work then see if someone wants to cart TECH II to your house. ) In all seriousness, good luck.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:40 AM

thanks. im just looking to avoid a tow bill. it aint cheap

Old 03-17-2008, 01:57 PM

nah, it's not a security issue... sounds like some other issue... I've replaced my battery and had no problems whatsoever...

I've also disconnected it for extended periods of time - hooked it back up and the car fired right up, no issues at all...

is this the original stock battery you're talking about that you re-charged and it still won't start?? or did you go and buy a completely new battery?? if new, did you get a different one than what the stock one was (I hope), or did you get the exact same one??

if it's the original/stock/same battery - I betcha it's the bad battery syndrome... no joke... mine was replaced after only 9 months of owning the car... the stock batteries had bad cells in them... I could jump start the car, and it would stay running fine... as soon as I turned it off - it wouldn't restart...

car ran fine one day, next morning, it was dead... left it on a charger for a complete whole day - and it still wouldn't start.

mine was under warranty, so I jumped it, drove to my dealer, and they tested the battery - that's how I know and found out it was bad cells in the battery - and why it wouldn't hold a charge...

they replaced it with an AC Delco Pro series battery, with bigger ratings/CCA's etc etc...

Several 06 Monte/Impala SS owners have had this issue...

I believe there is even a TSB about it...

so yeah, get yourself a brand new battery and you'll be all set...

if this IS a brand new battery, then you've got other issues...

EDIT: other stuff I just thought of... are your cables/terminals good? with the battery hooked up, when you turn the key - does it do anything?? make a clicking sound?? dash lights come on?

Old 03-17-2008, 09:18 PM

everythings good with the car it does soemthing so the batterie is good the lights go on and everything. i just dont wanna dealer it becasue i have it tuned

and how do i get a picture of the car up on this

Old 03-17-2008, 10:02 PM

It could be the vehicle theft deterrent. Will the motor turn over?

Old 03-17-2008, 10:25 PM

naaah... as I mentioned... I've had my battery totally out, and have had it disconnected multiple times by myself for extended periods of time, so that's not it - no "security" issue... something else is going on....

think about it... your battery goes dead, and you buy a new one.... you really think you have to go to the dealer for any special setup just to replace a battery??? no way...

I've had my battery disconnected for days at a time, and it doesn't do anything except for reset the ECM's fuel trim data and the MAF Air Flow readings, which isn't a bad thing....

it has nothing to do with any security or theft deterrent thing whatsoever...

Old 03-18-2008, 08:21 AM

do you have any aftermarket security system setup on there?

as chuckd asked, does it try to turn over at all?? do you hear the starter clicking or anything?

are you trying to start it with the remote start, or with the key in the ignition?

didn't pull out any fuses when you were replacing the battery and forget to put them back in, did ya?

Old 03-18-2008, 06:59 PM

I DID NOT SAY IT WAS THE VTD MODULE.
NO I DO NOT THINK YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DEALER FOR A SET AFTER REPLACE THE BATTERY.

Quick Reply: battery