Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

4th Gen ('81-'88): B&M Quick Silver

Old 05-12-2018, 06:40 PM
Default B&M Quick Silver

Anyone installed one of these? I have 0 adjustment on the orange cable or the little threaded end that goes to the arm on the transmission. They are both maxed out but the car shifts ok. My major concern is the neutral safely switch, it works in P but every other gear it still starts.
Internet photo of the gates. That look to allow it to start is almost every gear
Transmission is a th350

Old 05-12-2018, 07:59 PM

Should be able too look up the wiring diagram online. Try a google search. As for the shifter cable adjustment I'm looking at it and is it connected right. Can you use the most forward hole in the shifter bracket ?If you loosen the back nuts and slide the cable forward it looks as it would straighten out the angle and when there it should give you more adjustment. would also get some adjustment on the cable Nice rims in the background

Last edited by Jeffs02rwdSS; 05-12-2018 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:09 PM

My wiring is correct, i tapped the big purple stock NSS wiring and added a relay controled by the micro switch, it works properly when I manipulate the switch.

The most front hole in that hammer shape is for a 4 speed transmission, the one I used is correct for a 3 speed.

I may flip and move the bracket attached to the pan to try and give the cable some adjustment since it's maxed but that shouldn't affect when the shifter trips the switch.

That's why I'm stumped

Old 05-12-2018, 08:14 PM

My friends car

My bracket is slightly different, not sure if it's older or newer.

I think I need to flip it and move it one set of holes foreward

Old 05-12-2018, 08:35 PM

My Hurst shifter was a little different but pretty much same. including safety switch, mine not connected.. I'm diagram it does show bracket flipped other way and using center bolts. Should be easy fix. Sorry I can't help with the NSS Good luck

Search this Thread