Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Any problems with Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Default Any problems with Dealers

And accepting non-GM extended warranties? 7 years/75,000 Gold Coverage with $0 deductible.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Default RE: Any problems with Dealers

it depends on how they pay. Most dealers will only accept a corporate credit card as payment.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:42 AM

Just wondering on that... I bought a 06 Monte Carlo 3 weeks ago (Color: Superior Blue) and my Dad worked for Ryan Insurance and I got a wondering that covers everything mechanical for 7 years/75,000 miles for $975.00 which is at cost with a $0 deductible.

On another note: I had to take my wife's 2002 Chevy Malibu with 32,000 miles in for a hazard/turn signal recall problem. This is the same dealer in which I bought both cars brand new from. The turn signals would quit working and they replaced the switch, but in the process they broke the vent that sits right next to the hazard switch. I did not notice until a day after the work was done driving the car and turn on the A/C and adjust the vent which was flopping around. I know for a fact that this was not the case before the work was done and they had to remove the whole bezel to replace the hazard switch.

I took the car back and the service writer gives an attitude saying that the vent was broken to start with and the mechanic had showed it to him while he had the bezel off. I said no it was not broken and must have gotten broken during the replacement. If it was broken I asked the Service Writer why was it not brought to my attention at that time. What kind of work ethic is this? He says "whatever and that he will fix it under warranty after about 15 minutes of a heated discussion. What a poor customer service experience I told him and I said that I just spent $21,000.00 on a new Monte Carlo at your Dealership 3 weeks ago and if you want any repeat business then you repair what your mechanic broke. Otherwise, I will contact your supervisor and the owner. I was going to have my new car service there, but I don't think I will now.....

Old 07-27-2006, 06:46 PM

hey i will trade you i will even take a broken vent over what i have had to deal with on this end of the world. GM warrenty here SUX!!! and they are as crooked as they come.

to day i took mine in to get the head light switch fixed. they actually did it with out any argument at all. but i mention the AC was making the car smell real bad, he looks at me and tells me it is my fault becuse i havent turned off the ac 10min before i get out of my car everytime i have it on in the summer time. and then after the car has sat for 10min i havent gone back out an turned on the fan to blow any moister out of the system.

Shows me a tbs on it and says they cant fix it. but they are happy to charge me 50euro to fix the problem for me and spray something in to the system that will kill the mold that is not growning in the system. and for another 150 euro they will install a drayer that will go in to the system and fix this issue . G.M used to do this for the cars but stoped doing it becuse they were having so many of the cars coem back with this issue it became to expensive for them .

So here i sit having to oprder all of the parts my self and do the work my self as my warrently is up in just under 5000 miles.
And he wont fix it. I have wrote to G< and never have gotten a reply from them over anythign i have wrote to them about.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:19 PM

There is an actual fix for this problem but we are reluctant to use it. There is a reprogramming available for the PCM that makes the blower motor remain on for 5 min. after shutdown. The problem is that once the new software is uploaded, there is no turning back.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:46 AM

belive me i could live with that lol

this is crazy it stinks so bad you have to turn the ac or the ehater on and roll down the windos for the first 20min. and they say that they cant fix it.

im sorry i paid way to much to have a car that i cant use the hvac in . seem to me that GM would at least bewilling to kill the bactiriea in ther eand then do the flash on it.

this alone would help out a lot for the car.

i know there is a tbs for our cars for this i have seen it but he is saying they wont do anything for our cars on this. Why??

not trying to take it out on you but just really pissed theycant fix this or are not willign to. and i have tried repaetedly to get a hold of a GM corprate person here and they wont even attempt to call you or even email ya.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:58 AM

ok i gues this would be a good placew to put this.

walked out today to start my car. it nolonger will allow the key to turn over. (this was just fixed a month ago they replaced the switch in it (claimed they did)
and my dash is chipped all to hell now ( Thanks to a mec. that was not carefule at all taking it apart)

then to top everythign off the dash was not screwed in to place so i hit a bump on the way to take my kids to school and half the dash started to rattel so i looked to see why and they didnt even get it lined up and put back togeather the right way.

my vent is broken on the drivers side now.
the rubber around my ing. is nolonger stying in place,

I am sooooooooo Pissed i have never had my car tore up this bad from them before . seems like the closer i ge tto the end of warrenty the more they find away to jab the knife and twist each time.

I can honestly say i will never buy another new car i will wait till i can find a nice used one and a good mech. that can work on it before i would go back to the dealer for anythign to be done on it.

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 07-28-2006, 08:57 PM

I'm sorry about your harsh experience thus far. It would seem to me that your dealer is providing sub-par service. Maybe you should try using an alternate chevy dealer in your area and see if they are willing to help you out.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:08 PM

see that is just it there are no other dealers here that will touch chevy's the opel dealers here will not even talk to you about it and the audi dealers refer you back to this fool ,

this is why i have been fighting with them so much.
now i have to deal with my dash all tore up. i am hoping they will repaint it but somehow i think they will find away to get out of that also.