Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Always Check your Fluids

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 12:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default Always Check your Fluids

Good advice, I won't take oil change fluid checks for granted by the people who say they checked everything.

I add windshield wiper fluid and then I look at my white resovoir behind it which is my antifreeze coolant. I ask myself is it full or empty, I open the cap sure enough it was empty, then I unscrew my Radiator cap in front of the engine and that is completely empty.

So I call up my friend who works at Pep Boys, He gives me good advice, In my owners manual it says to use 50/50 Dex Cool antifreeze, I ask my friend can I get this anywhere and he says yup, I get to my walmar and get a grey bottle with orange cap that says dex cool 50/50 and I am off back home.

I first add the dex cool coolant to my raditor which is in front of the engine. Then I open my resovoir for the antifreeze and add dex coolant to the resovoirs fill line.

I suggest to always check your own fluids after getting an oil change or any other times to make sure the levels are where they should be. espeacially in hot temps when your fluids could evaporate a little at a time like during summer time.

11 at night and I am glad I did this and didn't go to the drag strip with a empty radiator which I could of had an overheated engine tomorrow.

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR FLUIDS BEFORE RACING OR AS REGULAR MAINTNANCE

Old 01-09-2009, 11:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Always Check your Fluids

GOOD ADVICE.

As a safety precaution I check my tire pressure and fluids once a month. Especially my oil if I'm about to do a long trip.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Default RE: Always Check your Fluids

thaere are many places that do check as part of the oil change. or atleast say they do. if its a jiffy lube... probably not. but if its a shop (not a chain) they probably do. and they wont jip you and tell you that you need something done that you dont. they LOVE return customers