Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Aftermarket Alarm woes! 01 Monte won't Start!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Aftermarket Alarm woes! 01 Monte won't Start!

My car won't start, I had an alarm with remote start put on it and now I can't even get it to crank. My mechanic thought it was the starter, we took it to AutoZone (Auto Parts Store) for it to be tested for free and they said it was good. Put the part back on and still don't know what it is. I tried contacting the guy who installed it on my car, but he said its for sure not the alarm that Stops my car from starting. I am lost and I need my car for work, I've been without it this whole weekend. Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, he did put a kill switch that he had that didn't come with the alarm. I don't know if I disable the starter by me getting in my car (forgetting the procedure 3 times), pressing the brake (while I started the car with remote) before I put the key in the ignition. He told me, I will have to get it the car, put the key in the Ignition, turn it to On, then place my feet on the brake and then go. If i don't do that and press the brake anyway, the car will cut off.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Default RE: Aftermarket Alarm woes! 01 Monte won't Start!

well yes that is a basic feature of every remote start that i have ever seen? dont know whats aftermarket about it. have u tried to get in the car push the brake in and then start the car? im not sure if this would rule out the brake kill switch but its worth a try. does ur even try to start? does it crank and not turnover? what exactly does the car do?

Old 02-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

My guess would be something to do with the Passlock, but that's just a guess. Good luck.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:28 PM

Yawl wouldn't believe this, I got a professional too look at it and he said the first alarm installer had added a resistor with the module (that already has resistors inside of it, Thats the whole point of module). He also said since he had both of those things connected, my car didn't know which one to reconize the power so both of them clashed and cause my starter to be disable. Which my starter was going out anyway, the way the first guy hooked up the alarm, he helped the startergo out even sooner. So now I have the mechanic putting on my starter tomorrow morning and the 2nd alarm installer will put the alarm back on my car and have to running the way an alarm suppose to be running.

The2ndinstaller said that guy had did a shabby job. So now, after I get the starter going and then the alarm, then I will get the sounds put it.

One more thing guys, how do you guys get your picture as your signature everytime you reply? I want you all too see how my monte looks as well !!!!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:09 PM

Well, to you guys updated on what happen. My mechanic end up changing the starter which worked fine and started right up when he put it on. Then something else was wrong, come to find out, it was the alternator. Which I went to the store and bought another one and had that replaced as well. So now, my car is running and the guy who will install my remote start (not the one who installed it the first time LOL) and everything else tomorrow on my car.