Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

7th Gen ('06-'07): Abs light and service traction lights come on all the time

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 12:03 PM
Default Abs light and service traction lights come on all the time

Hi, I have an issue with the service abs light and service traction lights coming on when I make turns and hit bumps sometimes with a weird noise. I've had both the front hubs replaced and still getting that. Someone suggested it's the abs module. Would that do this?

Old 04-30-2017, 03:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Was the wiring checked from the hubs? Also, a rear hub can throw these codes, but I would first suspect the wiring from the front hubs, especially since you are mentioning it happening with bumps.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:18 PM

Hi. I thought my mechanic checked the wiring but I'll ask him this week to make sure.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:45 AM

I'm having the same issue. I would recommend you hit up your local Advanced Auto Parts, or Napa, and have them read your code. If you have C1214 like I do, check the connections on the speed sensors, they are located right on the back of the wheel hub. If those all seem good it is probably your ABS Module. I would not recommend buying a new one, as it seems this is a common issue and it is much cheaper to have it repaired. There are many sites you can send them to, I'm looking at ABSFIXER.COM / ABS EBCM Repair and CHEAP Bosch 5.3 ABS REPAIR VW Passat Audi A4 A6 A8 S4 right now. You just remove the current one (video below) and send it out. I'm gonna hopefully remove mine later today to ship out, so I'll let you know how it goes for me.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:59 PM
Default Fixed the problem on mine

I had the same problem on my Monte, traction control would light temporarily when accerating, then abs and traction control going out and could hear the abs motor activating/groaning while driving. Restart the car like it never happened, and few minutes later started all over again. I replaced the front hubs because the code read intermediate signal to right front hub. After replacing both front hubs still happening. So I took the car to my Auto Diagnostic shop and they found the abs connector to the right front hub was causing the problem, working great now. I found you can buy new abs connectors at the GM dealer and online or take it an automotive electric shop and have them fix the connector. Hope this helps.....

Old 07-19-2017, 05:18 PM
Default It's fixed

The wiring was broken on the right wiring harness. Thanks for all of your help.

Old 07-19-2017, 05:35 PM

Yep, just had both of mine replaced, same thing.

Old 07-19-2017, 05:46 PM

I hope it's not an ongoing issue.