Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): ABS Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 07:47 AM
DRU
1 Year Member
Default ABS Issues

Conditions: ABS Light - ON, Service Traction Control System Warning, Traction Control - OFF

Fix Actions conducted - Replaced both front Hub Assemblies

Code - Reads Rear passenger speed sensor.

Before I Rip this car apart (again) I wanted to chime in here and get your collective inputs. Help with where this thing is located, the best place to buy a replacement part, tricks and tips, etc.

THANKS MCF!
DRU

2004 SS S/C 57k miles <-----I KNOW RIGHT!!!!!

Old 03-08-2016, 02:11 AM

i just replaced my passenger side about 4 months ago. Got the same thing you had again. Need to check where it is from. Your issue may be the same as mine which may be a wiring issue from the front passenger side.

Changes in resistance are noted and cause the braking, thus a degraded wire may be the culprit. Otherwise it is the ABS master control which gets pricey

Old 03-08-2016, 07:52 AM

check the wring again and make sure its clean.....replace the hub, even new hub are bad from the store.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:58 AM

It could be a broken wire in the harness. I had the same issue with my front passenger side.

If you have a voltmeter, turn on the key but don't start, you should have +5 volts or so at the plug for the wheel sensor. If not, it's likely a broken wire and not the wheel hub itself. An easy fix with a shrink fit type butt connector and some electrical tape.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:50 AM

I had this similar issue, ABS on traction control acting up for a while, replaced both front hubs,brakes played with the speed sensors to no avail! then I replaced both CV axles and viola!! haven't had the problem since! also my CV's were not clicking or anything to make me think they were bad, but I wanted to replace anyway as car is approaching 100K!! just a thought,I wish I had done the hubs and CV's at the same time tho!!!

Old 03-21-2016, 12:06 PM
DRU
1 Year Member

Good info. Now help my unmechanicaly skilled abilities.

Where does the speed sensor wire terminate on the transmission? I know where the end on the hub is but where is the other end?????? Pictures are awesome btw!

Another question. Tell me more about the CV's. What they do where they are how much ease of change, anything else you think I may need to know. Bout to put the Monte on a lift and leave it there until this issue is gone gone! New brake and calipers may have to happen to if the grinding doesn't stop.
Any links to a hook up would be appreciated.