Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): ABS going off not on the brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
1 Year Member
Question ABS going off not on the brakes

Ok im pretty sure this is related to the known bad front hubs/bearings I have, BUT have been having an issue with the abs and or traction control going off (buzzing grinding sound) as im driving, mainly within the first few mins when I get rolling and mostly on a left turn. like when I first drive out my driveway, ive actually felt it kind of making the car jerk a little (like it was in 4wd if it was a truck-truck guys will know what I mean) and I have to push the gas a little harder to get moving however it feels like a bit of a bind not the brakes being applied and seems to be left front mostly.
Im just wondering if I can disable the abs for now? pull the fuse and or relay temporarily and if there are any repercussions to that?
Its not throwing any codes the abs light and trac lights are staying off but a few months ago they would come on soon as I start driving however didn't have this buzzing going on then.
I cant do the hubs right now I just cant afford it so I need to be able to keep driving it another month or so.

Thanks
JRockZ

Old 04-03-2016, 02:24 PM
Default >Good Luck<

Check the below link + check back to see what are expert member's post on your problem...Good Luck

Loud Thumping And Vibration - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo ...

montecarloforum.com › ... › General Forums › Monte Carlo Repair Help

Mar 17, 2012 - It's something like "If you make a left turn and the noise comes up, it's the right ... Hey justjack the front of your car up and shack the tire from top to bottom ... Ill probably end up taking it to a shop to get it diagnosed to make sure its nothing else ...CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO 2003 Safety Review #10137986 ...

Old 04-03-2016, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thanks Mike,
That however is not the same issue iam having,, mine I believe, or.. I know!! is the wheel hub/bearing, I believe it is triggering the abs every now and then and that's why I wanted to know if I can disable the abs temporarily? without causing further problems. I tried searching for ABS on here but it doesn't return anything for me.

Thanks
JRockZ

Old 04-06-2016, 08:07 PM

I've got the same problem, I replaced my right front hub assembly and that seemed to fix the problem for a few months, then it started doing it again so I replaced the left side hub assembly with one from an 05 Buick Rendezvous and that fixed it for about three weeks, now it's doing it again and I have no idea what to do next. I'd like to just disable the ABS system if I knew how.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by JRockZ
Thanks Mike,
That however is not the same issue iam having,, mine I believe, or.. I know!! is the wheel hub/bearing, I believe it is triggering the abs every now and then and that's why I wanted to know if I can disable the abs temporarily? without causing further problems. I tried searching for ABS on here but it doesn't return anything for me.

Thanks
JRockZ
A bad hub will not trigger the ABS, but the traction control. The hub or wheel sensor may not be bad. It could be the wires going to the sensor that could be broken, and open up when you turn the wheel. Mine did that and I found a broken wire in the front passenger side harness.