Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

95 Z34 Monte Carlo electrical issue

Old 06-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Default 95 Z34 Monte Carlo electrical issue

So a buddy of mine has the above mentioned vehicle and has been having excessive problems with it. Basically the battery is constantly having to be jumped to get it to start, took it to Autozone and it tested fine, alternator is testing fine, and I checked all the gounds and positives going from the battery to every inch of the car. I checked all the fuses, cleaned the terminals, and done just about everything I can think of.

Also sometimes the car will die while driving and need to be jumped to get it to start again. Now he does have a 15" sub and 1000 watt amp, which the positive wire was hanging on a bolt coming up at the drivers side fuse box under the hood, (he previously had it hooked up directly to the battery and was still having issues.) I thought maybe the amp was draining the battery so I completely unhooked the wire for it and told him to drive it around and see if it made a difference... it didnt.

So I am stumped here. Any suggestions or ideas on what else I can look at or look for? Ive ran in to my share of problems similar to this, but everything ive ever found that fixed it hasnt worked here.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted make sure all the info was there.

Old 07-13-2017, 07:39 AM
Default 2002 monte

I have a 2002 Monte Carlo. It has something going on with it. One day I have A/C and defrosts the next day it don't work. Whatever is going on its effecting my turn signals too. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Old 07-15-2017, 02:52 AM

You have a short somewhere that is draining the battery. Wiser minds than me will have to tell you how to look for it.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 2g420a
So a buddy of mine has the above mentioned vehicle and has been having excessive problems with it. Basically the battery is constantly having to be jumped to get it to start, took it to Autozone and it tested fine, alternator is testing fine, and I checked all the gounds and positives going from the battery to every inch of the car. I checked all the fuses, cleaned the terminals, and done just about everything I can think of.

Also sometimes the car will die while driving and need to be jumped to get it to start again. Now he does have a 15" sub and 1000 watt amp, which the positive wire was hanging on a bolt coming up at the drivers side fuse box under the hood, (he previously had it hooked up directly to the battery and was still having issues.) I thought maybe the amp was draining the battery so I completely unhooked the wire for it and told him to drive it around and see if it made a difference... it didnt.

So I am stumped here. Any suggestions or ideas on what else I can look at or look for? Ive ran in to my share of problems similar to this, but everything ive ever found that fixed it hasnt worked here.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted make sure all the info was there.

Well if the Car has a 15 Inch sub and 1000 watt amp it probably doesn't have the stock radio in it either. Does the power shut off these items? Can you run the system with out the key on?
Maybe someone cut a wire hooking up the new system and it is shorting or maybe something is not shutting off on the radio and that may be causing the issue. That would be where I would take a look??