Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

86' Monte Carlo SS Tires...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Default 86' Monte Carlo SS Tires...

As you might have seen in the new members forum, I posted some nice pic's of the Monte, but enough of that. Currently I have Goodyear Eagle GT II's wrapped on this 1986 Monte Carlo SS, and it's about that time to purchase some new tire's. I went to my tire shop in town and Goodyear (they say) doesn't even produce the GT II's anymore. This puzzled me, but nonetheless what are some good alternative tires that will fit my vehicle? I'm leaning more toward getting a set of white wall lettering tires. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Forrest

Old 03-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Default RE: 86' Monte Carlo SS Tires...

any majormaker of tireswould have something for your ride. my suggestion is to evaluate what your car needs.what type of climate are you driving in the most? will you drive in the snow, rain, etc,..how manymiles do you wish to get out of the tires? these factors will help you better choose what you need. pay attention to the traction and wear standards that are on the tires, this will help also.