Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2k2 MCSS MULTIPLE MISFIRE????

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 11:18 PM
Default 2k2 MCSS MULTIPLE MISFIRE????

I am lost for starters i replaced my catalytic converter w/a universal cat welded because it was clogged and wouldnt start i later found out do to engine misfire, cold started it ,it ran good for a while then engine started stumbling and shaking a lil, codes read bank 4 misfire then after a few revs multiple misfire code came up ce light started blinking. I installed spark plugs/wires in march. I also changed coil packs in early October (all 3) thinking that would solve issues but nope light started blinking again after a few revs of the engine followed by shaking. I haven't been driving it in fear of damaging the new converter because misfire issue still occurs where should i go from here¿????¿

Last edited by 02MonteMobbinSS; 10-28-2016 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Are there any codes other than misfire?
Is the cat compatable with the car? Check for the sticker above the radiator on the driver side. If it's a CA emission system it will say so.
Could also be a bad ignition control module or MAF sensor. Try unplugging the connector to the MAF with the engine running and check for difference.