Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2007 LS click click click.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Default 2007 LS click click click.

So I've been experiencing a common problem with the blood boiling clicking sound inside my glove box when I turn on my AC. So I googled it. Ordered a blend door actuator and replaced it. Tons of swearing getting those screws out btw. I have soup can sized fingers.

Boom, new actuator.
Start up the ac and that clicking was still there.

So if I replaced the blend door actuator which seems to be the problem with most people as that's the only actuator replacement video I can find on YouTube. What other actuator can make that same noise that accompanies a bad blend door actuator.

Sorry if this is confusing and poorly organized post. (It is my first)

Thank you in advance Monte owners.

Old 04-11-2016, 10:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Assuming your '07 is like my '04 (and it probably is), it has what GM calls an HVAC Module (big housing that contains the evap core, heater core, blend doors and so on). It has about 4 actuators:
- Recirculation
- Driver Side blend door
- Passenger blend door

And I feel like there really is a forth, but I don't recall at the moment.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:46 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Assuming your '07 is like my '04 (and it probably is), it has what GM calls an HVAC Module (big housing that contains the evap core, heater core, blend doors and so on). It has about 4 actuators:
- Recirculation
- Driver Side blend door
- Passenger blend door

And I feel like there really is a forth, but I don't recall at the moment.

Hey thanks for replying. Well I might be wrong about this but would I have passenger and driver side blend doors if I don't have the dual climate option? And if the recirculating actuator make the same clicking sound that the blend door actuators make when they fail?

Old 04-12-2016, 03:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There are 2 actuators on the passenger side, and 1 on the driver's side. Did you replace the one behind the radio, or the one near the passenger's side door?