Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2004 Ls turn signal stuck on

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 08:31 AM
Default 2004 Ls turn signal stuck on

Hey folks, proud new owner of a 2004 LS monte Carlo. It's seen better days but I'm trying to restore it to its former glory. Bought it off my dad for a winter ride but I'm actually becoming quite fond of it.

Anyways, my problem is, I parked on the street for about 10 minutes and ran inside the house with the right turning signal on. When I got back in the car to take off, the right turn signal was stuck on (pulsing, not solid) no matter what position the stalk was in. The only way I can get it to turn off was by pushing hard down on the stalk when the left turn signal is on.

I'm guessing the problem lies in the multifunction switch? I guess this because I also noticed that the hi beams are very difficult to turn on (so difficult I thought I was going to snap the stalk before I finally got them to switch on) so I'm guessing the stalk/switch is worn out, but before I go and buy the new 86 dollar part, I figured I'd ask people who may have dealt with this before

Old 09-01-2015, 01:25 PM

I posted this on the wrong section, mods please delete!

Old 09-01-2015, 05:01 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

got you moved to the repair section

Old 09-01-2015, 05:05 PM

You are correct, it's the multifunction switch. I had same problem with my high beams, replaced the switch and problem never happened again