Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2003 MC-SS Left drivers window problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Question 2003 MC-SS Left drivers window problem

My drivers side power window goes down just fine but stops or sort of binds about halfway up when I raise the window. If I pull it with my hands it will move a little at a time until it is up. Also, when I grab the window to pull it up it rocks back and forth a good bit. My main question is: Would this absolutely be the regulator or could it be a track problem? Just curious if anyone else has had this problem and fixed it.

On another note, I found the fix for my fuel gauge issue on the forum and plan on that fix this coming week. I'm new to the forum but I think it is excellent!

Thanks, Bob

Last edited by ohbob; 04-26-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Found the problem.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:04 PM

The window might be off track or the motor may be shot as well. The best way to tell is to take the pannel off and look to see whats going on with it.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:21 AM
Thumbs up Take the Panel off

The iinterior is very nice in the car and I was not sure if I would break the snap in clips if I pulled the panel off. Anyway I did remove the panel but, actually I found that the weatherstripping on the back section of the window was folded and pushed in on itself. I pulled out what I could and as I held the weatherstripping out the window worked fine.

Now the problem is finding the weatherstripping. New at the dealer it is $168 I am trying to find one used but, of course salvage yards won't take the part off their doors. I haven't been able to find a wrecked door yet. Any suggestions or leads would be appreciated. The dealer gave me an exploded view of the parts on the drivers side door and it is part #4.
Thanks

Old 04-27-2010, 12:24 PM

The stealership...i mean dealership parts are almost always expensive. did they give you the part number? I had to replace my dimmer switch, and the stealership wanted over $200.00 for it. I got the part number from them, and found one online at rockauto for more than half price. you can also try gmpartsdirect.com but it seems their shipping as gone through the roof lately.