Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2001 monte carlo won't start, not making any noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Bre
Red face 2001 monte carlo won't start, not making any noise

I'm having problems getting my car to start I'll give y'all the info: I brought a used car and
The car had stayed parked for a year, It use to start up just fine until about 5 months ago I tried to start it but it would not crank. When I brought the battery It would crank just fine then one day it just stopped cranking. I charged the battery at work then It started up I let it run for about 20 mins then shut it off. Then I started it again and it cranked right up. later that night I tried to start it again and it was completely dead. I just brought a new battery today put it on and I heard clicking noise somewhere around the dash board then I tried to start again and now that it's not making a single noise. My boyfriend tested the alternator and it's good. Can anyone help me narrow down possible causes

Old 02-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Thumbs up Welcome to the MCF

Hi Bre, What year is your Monte Carlo ? What engine ? How many miles ?

Check below links to see if it will help & also check back to see what our expert tech member's post. Good Luck 4-Sure

www.dummies.com/how-to/.../troubleshooting-a-car-that-wont-start.html

If it starts, you need to clean or replace your cables. The car makes a clicking noise butwon't start. This sound usually means a dead battery. If not, check the ...How to Check Your Car Battery - ‎How to Diagnose Problems If ...

www.familyhandyman.com › Skills

If you turn the car key and your car won't start, don't give up. Before you call for a ... To heat up the battery, terminals and starter, try the “key cycling” trick (photo 1). But if the dome ... relay straight up. Then align the pins on the replacement relay and push it straight into the socket. ... Check your owner's manual. Back to Top 1 ...

www.city-data.com › City-Data Forum › General Forums › Automotive

May 31, 2011 - 10 posts - ‎8 authors
If the 2nd new battery never could start the car, I would say bad connection ... If it's making the 'clicking' sound and won't turn over with a brand new battery, I'd wager a ...I would check one (or a similar store) out in your area.Car Won't Start: Battery Corrosion (auto, GTR, best, buy ...
10 posts
Jul 24, 2013

www.samarins.com › For Car Owners

Aug 13, 2013 - ... guide why your car won't start: car clicks but won't turn over, how tocheck the battery, ... If the battery is relatively new, it can be recharged.

able2know.org/topic/88596-1

Dec 18, 2006 - 20 posts - ‎17 authors
Discussion Tagged: Autos Battery New Questions Re Starting Car, ... If it doesn't hold the charge after that, next thing to look at would be the ...

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-05-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:21 PM

Sounds like your starter,I had a similar situation where all the dash lights came on but no crank. I swapped the starter and it works great now.