Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2000 Monte Carlo head lamps not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Default 2000 Monte Carlo head lamps not working

Hi, I have search this forum and think I have found out what is wrong with my Monte, but I wanted to run all my finding by first before I run out and drop a lot of money for the wrong part.
Here is what I know, headlights do not come on at night, I do have marking/parking lights, tail lights at night. Day time running lights work during day light hours. I can trigger my high beams by pulling the flash to pass on turn signal during the day and night.
I have replaced the head lamp relay and a problem is still here. The day/night sensor is working because I can cover it and all dash lights change, tail lights and parking lights come on. All fuses have been checked with multimeter.
The info I have found here points the multifunction switch/turn signal switch.
I have thought of bypassing the multifunction switch at the plug at the bottom of the steering column but I can’t seem to find a complete wiring diagram I can only find the top half of one, does anyone know of a good link to get the complete diagram? Or know which pins to jumper to bypass the multifunction switch to be sure the problem is in the multifunction switch?
Thanks for any and all help
Bob

Old 03-15-2013, 07:38 PM

I have a diagram of the complete headlight system. If you PM your email address I can send it over to you, since it's a PDF I can't post it here.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:38 AM

Ok - I emailed the diagram over to you. Also, I deleted your message that you posted on my visitor messages section so that your email address won't be viewable to everybody.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:29 AM

Check your day time running lights fuse and make sure that isn't busted there about 4 different fuses on my car that run the head lights , also check the ground on the rad support on the front of the car and see if its dirty / rusty

Old 03-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Default no email yet

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
Ok - I emailed the diagram over to you. Also, I deleted your message that you posted on my visitor messages section so that your email address won't be viewable to everybody.
I have checked my email and your message hasn't came thru . . . I've tried to send a PM but the tab won't let me . . . I have such bad luck with online forums

bob

Old 03-17-2013, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Victory
Check your day time running lights fuse and make sure that isn't busted there about 4 different fuses on my car that run the head lights , also check the ground on the rad support on the front of the car and see if its dirty / rusty
Day time running lights work prefectly, they turn off when I cover up the day/night sensor and all lights except headlamps come on. I am waiting for a wiring diagram to make sure I have checked every fuse.
thanks

Old 03-18-2013, 08:37 AM

By day time running lights I mean you head Lamps my drl controls my actual head lights not the hazard