Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

06 monte carlo headlight issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Default 06 monte carlo headlight issue

Hi,
I am having trouble with my low beams on my 06 Carlo. The driver side low beam has been randomly going off for over a year. When the light goes out if I get out of the car and hit it it will most of the time come back on, other times I have to remove the bulb and plug it back in. I have tried replacing the bulb but that didn't solve the problem. Now my passenger side low beam is doing the same thing only not as frequent. I really have no idea what to do, and I don't want to take it to the dealer , I know they will charge me a small fortune.
Notes: The high beams work the fog lights work, there are no other noticeable problems other than the low beams.
Please help!

Old 08-31-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by jryanwalt
Hi,
I am having trouble with my low beams on my 06 Carlo. The driver side low beam has been randomly going off for over a year. When the light goes out if I get out of the car and hit it it will most of the time come back on, other times I have to remove the bulb and plug it back in. I have tried replacing the bulb but that didn't solve the problem. Now my passenger side low beam is doing the same thing only not as frequent. I really have no idea what to do, and I don't want to take it to the dealer , I know they will charge me a small fortune.
Notes: The high beams work the fog lights work, there are no other noticeable problems other than the low beams.
Please help!
No one replied to my post but ill answer it any way in-case someone else has the problem.
I took the car to a local repair shop and he found that the plug that the bulb plugs into on the drivers side was burnt out, so far all is working. Ill post an update in a few weeks.