Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

04 SS highbeam problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 04:07 AM
Default 04 SS highbeam problem

Hey wats up monte forum. I got a 04 ss and ive been having a problem with my highbeams. When i first bought my car a few months ago everytime i put my car in gear a message came up that says "highbeam out" the pass side highbeam wasn't working. And i know that our highbeams act as our daytime running lights. I replaced the bulb twice and im still having the same issue. so now everytime i drive my regular lights stay on. im guessing its some kind of wiring problem but i dont even know where to start. any ideas?

Old 06-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by phillyitaliano
Hey wats up monte forum. I got a 04 ss and ive been having a problem with my highbeams. When i first bought my car a few months ago everytime i put my car in gear a message came up that says "highbeam out" the pass side highbeam wasn't working. And i know that our highbeams act as our daytime running lights. I replaced the bulb twice and im still having the same issue. so now everytime i drive my regular lights stay on. im guessing its some kind of wiring problem but i dont even know where to start. any ideas?
something similar happens, when i put it in gear it says highbeam out but both my highbeams are on and my regular lights are on as well, jus a bit dim tho