Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

4 Headlight/Highbeam Mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 04:28 AM
Default 4 Headlight/Highbeam Mod

Now for the mod that I'm trying to find...haven't tripped over it yet in here, although I'm sure it's here somewhere.

I have a 2002 Monte Carlo. When I turn my high beams on, I want my low beams to stay on. I did it on my 99 Silverado and it works great! Much brighter during the night. On the truck it was just a matter of grounding the relay's ground wire that controls the low beams, so that way you don't overload the wiring, since it's just keeping the relay open.

I'd imagine it's pretty much the same for the car....just which wire am I looking for? If I'm wrong...how do I do it? Obviously I don't want to tap the high beams wire with a diode and wire...that would overload the wires...get them too hot and well...you know how bad that can be. If you can help me out, drop a line!

Thanks!

Old 08-21-2005, 04:31 AM
Default RE: 4 Headlight/Highbeam Mod

This is a practical mod, I like it! It makes sense that it's brighter given the angle at which the headlights are aimed. So if/when you find out how to make it happen, let us know so we can follow suit.

Old 08-21-2005, 02:14 PM

I'm interested in having both high/ lows on at the same time.[8D]

Tj

Old 09-30-2005, 06:43 PM

i was wondering if you figured this out yet?

Also another thing that would be nice is to get the fog lights to stay on with the hig beams.

Dose any one know how to get thie to work?

Old 09-30-2005, 07:35 PM

Look HERE

HERE

Old 10-01-2005, 04:44 AM

well this works for thier issues now what about getign the fog lights to stay on ?

at least with them on and the high beames i might have a chance to see the road in the fog LOL

actually it is more becuse i want to see more of the ground at night and they would help fill the bottom up some and make this easier.

Old 10-01-2005, 11:02 AM

If I an not mistaken, the fogs are on a different circuit. Cant you just hot wire the switch/button to always be on?

Old 10-01-2005, 11:17 AM

not real sure on that one i know if you have them on and hit your high beams they go off and when you go back to low beams they go back on . So i dont know if it is the computer doing this or the switch.
Somethign is LOL

Old 10-20-2005, 01:23 PM

hey guys, about the fog light thing...getting them to stay on when the h-beams are on. I dont think that the fogs are on a separate circuit...i think it may be just an interrupted circuit so that when u hit the h-beams, it cuts the path off to the fogs. Kinda like a tail blinker, which is just an interrupted tail light.

But yea i may look into this further, and ill post on here what i find out.

Just thought that i would pitch in my two cents

Old 10-27-2005, 01:30 AM

i have a writeup for how to do this.. the fogs on and the highs and the lows. i did mine the simple way. i just have 2 relays. i never touched the factory relays. here is a break down for it.

the first relay: the trigger for the relay is comming from a pos interior light source (one that is on only when lights are on, like your interior instruments). on a switch. this relay is powering the fog lamps and a second relay

the second relay's trigger is the high beams. and the power input is coming from the first relay. the output for this second relay goes to the low beams. this way you can shut of the switch and turn off the low beams and fog lamps if you got the high beams. and if you just have your low beams on you would be able to toggle your fogs.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/473859/6

Quick Reply: 4 Headlight/Highbeam Mod