Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

04 Dual-Climate problem *09/07/08 Update question help*

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 05:01 PM
BD
Default 04 Dual-Climate problem *09/07/08 Update question help*

I'm having my first problem with my 04 Monte. The driver side will only blow cold while the passenger side works fine. Everything else is fine with the climate system, just the hot/cold adjustment on the driver side. Is this a common problem? Easy and cheap fix, like fuse or vacuum line (please YES haha). Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 08-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Default RE: 04 Dual-Climate problem

normal? not that i have heard of. But most of the time it is a vac line in there comming off of cracked etc...

take the dash apart,pull the HVAC controlls out of the dash. check on the back there is a vacum hook up there make sure all the hoses are in place and seated good, Then you will just have to start going from there backwars for line leaks.

other then this i have no i dea unless th eactuall controlls are bad but if this is the case i would think it would go to both sides not just the one.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:49 PM
BD

Thanks. I'll try that this weekend. Let ya guys know. I wasn't sure if those controls were electrically or vacuum operated.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:00 PM

im pretty sure 00-03 vacum,04-05 electrically

Old 08-17-2008, 11:42 AM

my prob. is the passenger side is fridgid & the driver's side is cool but not as cold
sticky valve?,vac. line? ideas? (02ss)

Old 08-17-2008, 07:48 PM

could be that or the contacts on the one side have wore out some or oculd use a cleanning and it will work have no real idea on this stuff due to the make of it it is easier to try it with a frends or a replacement then it is to try and fix it

Old 09-07-2008, 05:53 PM
BD
Default RE: 04 Dual-Climate problem *Updated Question Help Please 09/07/08*

Well I was finally able to tear apart my dash today and found that I didn't need to at all [:@]. Anyway, when I pulled off the bottom cover on the passenger side I am able to watch the electric blend door actuator in action for the functional passenger side. There is another one right above it that is actually visable by dropping the glove box all the way, the part looks very similar (also very similar part number tags) to other one and does nothing when moving the heat control up and down for both driver and passenger so I'm assuming that this is the part I will need to replace. I checked locally with Advance (I know I know, but they are two mins from my house), they don't carry them. Am I just gonna have to go to a dealer to order this? I have been pulling my hair out trying to find it online. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I did check every possible fuse, they are all good. Has anyone replaced these and is this the problem? Every wire connection and wiring in and under my dash looks in very good condition, practically brand new actually. Thanks guys!

Old 09-27-2009, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by BD
Well I was finally able to tear apart my dash today and found that I didn't need to at all [:@]. Anyway, when I pulled off the bottom cover on the passenger side I am able to watch the electric blend door actuator in action for the functional passenger side. There is another one right above it that is actually visable by dropping the glove box all the way, the part looks very similar (also very similar part number tags) to other one and does nothing when moving the heat control up and down for both driver and passenger so I'm assuming that this is the part I will need to replace. I checked locally with Advance (I know I know, but they are two mins from my house), they don't carry them. Am I just gonna have to go to a dealer to order this? I have been pulling my hair out trying to find it online. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I did check every possible fuse, they are all good. Has anyone replaced these and is this the problem? Every wire connection and wiring in and under my dash looks in very good condition, practically brand new actually. Thanks guys!
I am having the same problem. Right now its getting pretty cool in the morning so I turned the heater on and the driver side is blowing cool air (outside air), passenger is blowing hot.

I took the glove box off and saw the two actuators(little motors). One is above the other and to the right. With the key on and the blower on I turned up the passenger side temp and I could hear the actuator turn on. When I turned the temp down (cold) the actuator came on. When I turned the driver side temp up there was no noise from that actuator. When I turned the temp back down, still nothing.

I checked for power to the passenger side actuator. I turned the passenger side temp up and of course I got voltage there. When I checked for voltage at the driver side actuator, of course nothing. Now, I took the driver side actuator out and unplugged it. I unplugged the passenger side actuator and ran two jumper wires from that plug to the driver side actuator, which was in my hand. I turned the passenger side temp up and surprise, the actuator started turning. So the driver side actuator works. I'm just not getting any power to it.

So thats where I'm at right now. I think the problem is with the climate control unit itself. But I'm not 100% sure.

I read through some of the problems here with the Dual Climate control and it seem its always the driver side that goes out. I wish people would finish up their threads with solutions if they found any. I'll keep you updated with what I find.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Trace your wires back to the controls on the panel. It might actually be your switch thats bad.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:41 PM

Im having the same problem in my 04. The one day i got out of work and decided to take off the dash to try and find the problem, after pulling everything off and unscrewing the controls, i pulled the wires off and checked the plugs over for damage. for the heck of it i tried the controls before i put everything back together i turned the car on and tried the controls again, i had heat on both sides of the car. So i think great everything is working it must have been a bit unplugged. I put everything back in and just because its the way i am, i tried it again with everything back in and well it went back to the same problem. No heat on the driver side.

Quick Reply: 04 Dual-Climate problem *09/07/08 Update question help*