Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

04 Coolant Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 04:17 AM
Default RE: 04 Coolant Issues

ORIGINAL: mickey

hell i tookmine in for that to they cleand the heads and sent it out

but they did replace the seat belts YEAH!!!!!! they now actually retract when you unbuckel them so no more slamming them in the doors
LMAO, that would suck!(seat belt issue)

You took yours in for what? the cd player issue im having? what do you mean they cleaned the heads and sent it out?

Old 05-25-2005, 04:38 AM

yeah it did with the belts.

yeah i took mine in for the recalls and told them about the CD player screwing up.
also had my dash lights that were dimming out. they turned the dash lights all the way up to fix that one and cleaned the heads on teh cd player ad set it out the dor. but this is in germany where i have to fight tooth and nail to get anythign done with my car beign that it is here and not in state side shops.

Old 05-25-2005, 05:14 AM

yeah it did with the belts.

yeah i took mine in for the recalls and told them about the CD player screwing up.
also had my dash lights that were dimming out. they turned the dash lights all the way up to fix that one and cleaned the heads on teh cd player ad set it out the dor. but this is in germany where i have to fight tooth and nail to get anythign done with my car beign that it is here and not in state side shops.

so your cd player wouldn't accept cd's either huh? so after they did what they did it was all good? Did they fix it right then and there or did you have to leave it with them for a day?

This 60 second flood control ish is irritating.......it may not be 60 seconds but it sure feels like it

Old 05-25-2005, 05:27 AM

yeah it was good to go
but it was there all day after the recals also

and i agree with the flood controll
here is my yahoo. Im

Classiccruser @yahoo.

it is the same for my email as my messenger
fel free to contact me when or if you need help on any of this'

Old 05-25-2005, 05:33 AM

yeah it was good to go
but it was there all day after the recals also

and i agree with the flood controll
here is my yahoo. Im

Classiccruser @yahoo.

it is the same for my email as my messenger
fel free to contact me when or if you need help on any of this'
I'm trying to be optimistic so hopefully mine will be good to go after my appt on Friday too, I have so many cd's I wanna listen to in the Monte, can't wait to see what they sound like on the system, which sounds pretty good for factory.

Thanks for the yahoo info, I'll add you to my buddy list.

I'm rkf76 on yahoo, do the same

Old 05-28-2005, 12:10 AM

hey sorry i missed this post. i would have to agree with tvw on the sealer tabs. they are added to the cooling system from the factory and also there is a service recall where the mechanic like myself will go in and replace the throttle body nuts and added sealer tabs. i do not know if your vehicle has had this recall but if you did then that is why the brown crap is there. the last time that i used the tsb on this problem they would want the tech to clean the overflow thuroughly and clean the cap. i do not like the dexcrap i mean cool coolant but thats what they run in there vehicles. dexcool is ok, ive seen more leaks with it. if it gets low i dont know if the coolant breaks down terribly or what from excessive heat but it turns sludge brown and i see this mostly on blazers at least 5 years old. so hopefully they will do something withit like discontinue it. transmission, if you got warranty, take it in.

Old 05-28-2005, 12:46 AM

I noticed the tranny issue on my car too

When you are slowing down for a stoplight and then the light turns green before you come to a complete stop, but are under say 10-15mph, once you press on the gas, the shift is kinda rough. Sound about right GTown? I go on vacation in a couple weeks so I'll take it in then and let em do what they gotta do. Car is still under warranty. Hopefully they replace the damn thing, or at least isolate the cause of the problem and fix it. I don't want this to be a long drawn out process.

Old 05-28-2005, 06:05 AM

heres a question for ya how hard is it to change over to the regular ainte freez? I mean what do you have to replace? They make it sound as if you do this it will ruin the cars cooling system this is something i really dont need to have happen

Old 05-28-2005, 06:11 AM

heres a question for ya how hard is it to change over to the regular ainte freez? I mean what do you have to replace? They make it sound as if you do this it will ruin the cars cooling system this is something i really dont need to have happen
I dunno man, sounds like more trouble than it's worth, honestly.

Old 05-28-2005, 06:49 AM

that depends if it is amatter of flushing a system and changing the fluids then no it would be well worth not having the leacks and the related issues with this crap.
they have already found out that it is eatting the hoses from the inside out on some cars this alone is not a good thing I can tell ya right now those heater hoses dont look fun to have to figure out how to replace on the side of a road

Quick Reply: 04 Coolant Issues