Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

02 MC 3.4 L gauges all over the map with $#*^%%&*&*

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Default 02 MC 3.4 L gauges all over the map with $#*^%%&*&*

207,000 miles automatic..
okay well this has been going on for the 3 years she has owned the car and paid too much for it knowing the gauges were defective... any how.. the abs brake trac fuel gauge all go off and on sporadically also the warning system has the trac system, low fuel, battery and security systems flashing through off and on never stays consistent..

also the ignition key when removed she has to insert a dummy key or else the battery will be drained as the door dinger will ding ding until the battery dies.. what will it take to fix that problem? this is all part of the problem with the dash gauges as far as I can see correct me if you think i am wrong , i just don't know how to proceed with so many being affected hate to think i need to replace her harness.. just so time consuming and costly.. any ideas?

we know they are false warnings as the fuel tank is always full when the low fuel flashes so they are definitely not indicating the true matter of facts..now I have investigated the wheel hubs and nothing is wrong with it .. the rear brakes do need replacing but not enough to set a light off... the fact the gauges do not work is now apparent since the car has a radiator issue and was not detected when needed so i have a head gasket issue which I am addressing in the cheapest manner possible for her to get another 2 years out of the car before it will be sold and she will get a sedan to replace this.. using sealant replacing t stat hoses flushing and filling again not in that order necessarily ,, i do recall seeing a sticky on the gauges and I will review that as well but i do not think that addresses all the issues we have with this car.. so any added help.. thanks